Chapter 10 ⚠️

⚠️ TW: homophobic slurs ⚠️

Alex's POV - Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 9:37 am

I walked into English, ready to face Mr. Owens. I sat down next to Maria and pulled out my laptop, ready to take notes on today's lesson. Maria and I chatted for a little while, then I checked my phone. 8:02 am. Where the hell was he?

Just then, a short, middle-aged woman with long brown hair and glasses walked in. She stood behind Mr. Owens's desk and addressed the class.

"Hi. My name is Dr. Prince. Due to... unfortunate circumstances, I have been hired to replace Mr. Owens as your English teacher."

Holy shit.

I had gotten him fired?

Maria and I high-fived under the table. I had won. Hamilton - 1, Owens - 0.

At lunch, I could barely contain my excitement. "Hi, guys."

"Hey, Alex," John said, scooting over to make room next to him. I sat down, and he grabbed my hand. "So, how was English with Mr. Shithead?"

I grinned. "He wasn't there."

John's brow furrowed. "What happened?"

"I may or may not have gotten him fired."

The table erupted in chaos. There may have been a fair amount of French expletives. John kissed my cheek...

Hamilton - 2, Owens - 0

~~~~~~~~~~

John's POV - Saturday, September 19, 2020, 1:43 pm

I checked my phone again. Where was he? We had a lunch date today, at 1:30, but he was super late. I was starting to get worried. Just then, my phone began ringing. It was Angie. I pressed Accept and held the phone up to my ear.

"Have you seen Alex?"

I cursed internally. "No, I haven't. I've been waiting for him for a quarter of an hour. We had a date at 1:30."

She sighed. "Meet us at Starbucks ASAP."

I grabbed my things, then quickly made my way out of the restaurant and hailed a cab.

"King's College, as fast as you can."

The cab got me there in less than five minutes. I raced to the Starbucks, burst through the door, and ran over to where my friends were. Aaron was there, too; the two had struck up a friendship while working on their project.

"What's going on?"

Laf looked up at me. "Alexandre usually comes in for a coffee at around one-thirty. When he did not, I tried to call him, but there was no answer. After that, I called everyone else. No one had seen him. We called you next."

I swore under my breath. "Did you check the fountain?"

"No, we decided to skip over one of his favorite spots on the entire campus in our search for him," Peggy said sarcastically.