Chapter 14 ⚠️

⚠️ TW: mentions of physical abuse, mentions of sexual assault, and implied rape ⚠️

John's POV - Saturday, October 31, 2020, 7:21 pm

"Francis, are you ready yet?" I called to the closed bathroom door.

"Not yet, I need just a couple minutes. I'll be out soon!"

"'Kay!"

I looked at myself in the selfie cam on my phone, adjusting my tie. After having made me watch a Harry Potter movie marathon with him last week, we were going as Harry and Draco. I heard the click of the bathroom door opening, and turned around.

Francis looked almost exactly like Draco. he brushed a stray hair from his blond wig out of his eyes.

"How do I look?"

"You look great. What about me?"

He looked me up and down. "Beautiful."

I blushed, tugging at the long black bangs of my wig hanging down in front of my eyes. "Really?"

"Of course. You're always beautiful."

Just then, Max exited his bedroom. "Are you two lovebirds done?" He grinned.

"Almost, Max. Francis just needs to do my makeup."

Francis looked at me. "Wait, why me? You're he one in art."

"Please?"

He sighed. "Fine." He took the face paint out of the grocery bag and opened it, then set to work. When he was finished, we said goodbye to Max and headed for Sam and Thomas's dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's POV - Saturday, October 31, 2020, 7:52 pm

Liza and I got there sort of early, but luckily, a few of our friends had already arrived. I spotted Charlie, who was dressed up as Bram to match Sam's Simon; James, who was dressed as Herc, while Thomas was Laf; Laf and Herc, dressed as Thomas and James; and two boys I didn't recognize until the shorter one turned around.

John and his boyfriend.

They were dressed as Harry and Draco from Harry Potter, something I could have sworn John said he had never read. But, oh well. I smiled and waited for the others to arrive, and soon they did. With that, the party began.

After a little while, John and I found ourselves side-by-side, while Liza talked with her sisters and Francis walked off for... some reason or other. I cleared my throat rather awkwardly.

"Hi," I said, in a polite attempt at conversation.

"Hey," he replied. Just then, Francis returned, carrying two bottles of the beer that Thomas had gotten God-knows-where.

"Hey, Jacky, I got us drinks," he said, handing John one of the beers.

I stifled a laugh. "Jacky?"

Francis looked at me. I didn't like the look in his eyes. It was almost... predatory.

"Got a problem, shorty?"

I gulped. "N-no. No problem. I'm going to... uh... go find my girlfriend."

He smirked. "Okay, you do that." I walked off, finding Liza and her sisters within a few moments. I tried to join in on their conversation. Apparently, it was about my current least-favorite topic: John's new boyfriend.

"But he's so cute!" Angie was saying. "How can you not like him?"

"How can you like him? You have a boyfriend. I don't like him because ai have everything I need in Alex."