Chapter 23 ⚠️

A/N: I only need 6 more questions, mon amis. Merci.

⚠️ TW: mentions of assault, cutting ⚠️

Alex's POV - Saturday, March 6, 2021, 2:19 pm

John was at work, and I was watching TV with Philip. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I set Philip down, then walked over and opened it.

"Hell-"

~~~~~~~~~~

?????'s POV - Saturday, March 6, 2021, 2:20 pm

I whacked Alexander upside the head with my bat, and he fell to the ground, limp. I then reached into my pocket with gloves hands and pulled out a piece of scrap paper with a note on it, setting it on a shelf near the door. I then picked up Alexander's limp body and carried him to my truck, then sped away down the streets of New York.

~~~~~~~~~~

John's POV - Saturday, March 6, 2021, 2:24 pm

I was busy fixing a broken exhaust pipe on a customer's truck when I heard my phone begin to ring. I slid out from under the e truck, then whipped my hands off and grabbed the phone, pressing Accept and holding it up next to my ear.

"Hello?"

"John, we can't find Alex." It was Henry.

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Martha and I heard crying, so we went out to investigate and found Phil sitting on the couch by himself, and Alex isn't anywhere in the apartment."

"Do you know our address?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Call 911. I'll be there soon." I hung up, then walked into my boss's office.

"Hey, um, my brother just called. My boyfriend's gone missing. Is there any way I can take the rest of the day off?"

My boss, Tony, looked up in alarm. "Yeah, yeah, take the day. Lemme know when ya find him."

"Will do."

I ran outside and hailed a cab, giving the cabbie my address. When I arrived, there were already a few cop cars outside. I raced up to Henry, who was struggling to answer questions while Martha stood nearby, holding Philip. Henry looked relieved when he saw me.

"Um, this is my brother, John. He could probably answer your questions."

The officer frowned at me. "You're John Laurens, yes?"

"Yes, sir," I said, my voice shaking slightly.

"All right, well, it appears as though your boyfriend has been kidnapped."

"Kidnapped?"

"Yes. His phone and keys were still in the apartment, and we found a few drops of blood by the front door. We also found a note, which we're planning to run a few tests on."

"Okay. Is there anything we can do?"

"Just let us know if you have any contact from him or the kidnapper. Make sure you take down an exact transcript of the conversation, as well as the number used. And take care. For all we know, he wasn't the intended target." The officer glanced at Martha and Philip. "Anyone who doesn't live in the household should go back to their place of residence. Unfortunately, we cannot allow you to re-enter the apartment, as it is a crime scene. Is there anywhere else you could stay in the meantime?"