Nine

New slightly shorter chapter!!! Enjoy~~<3

I'll try to make the other ones longer but I usually just write until everything that I need in the chapter is in it.

***

   "Hyung, I gathered everything you told me to," Kai said while sitting down on the bed.

   "Alright, I'm done, too," Taehyung replied while zipping up his last suitcase. Taehyung had asked Kai for help once they had made it inside the beach house, for Taehyung was far too lazy to do it on his own.

   Taehyung grabbed a hold of one of the suitcases and Kai grabbed the other one and the older followed the younger out of the room. On the way out of the room, the two passed out of the room. On the way out of the room, the two passed Jimin and Jungkook, who were looking at Taehyung in complete sadness and betrayal. Taehyung stopped in his tracks and turned towards his two best friends before pulling them into a hug.

   "Hyung, don't leave!" Jungkook cried out.

"Taehyung don't leave because of my mistake! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Jimin exclaimed. Kai looked at the exchange awkwardly and sighed. He didn't want Taehyung to be separated from his brothers, but it was for the best. They couldn't risk for their secret to be exposed by a prank or something.

   "I'm sorry, b-but it's only temporary. I-It'll just make me feel safer for now," Taehyung said quietly while pulling away from the hug.

   "I hate myself so much for making you fear me," Jimin laughed through his tears. A tear slowly slid down Jimin's cheek, and Taehyung noticeably stepped backwards at the sight of it. If even that itty bitty drop of water landed on Taehyung, his and every other merperson's secret would be revealed. The two others frowned.

   "Don't say stuff like that, Jimin-hyung," Taehyung said awkwardly. "I'm just changing rooms! We have different rooms back at the dorms."

   "But it feels like you're leaving us," Jungkook cried.

   "I'm not leaving you, Bunny. I'm literally just sleeping in a different room!" Taehyung chuckled.

   "I don't want you to go!"

   "Me too!"

   "I'm sorry, guys, but I want to take a nap. Last night was very rough." Jimin and Jungkook's shoulders dropped before they let Taehyung and Kai go on their way.

***

   Kai looked around carefully to make sure that nobody was in the premises before using his key to unlock the door to the cave room. The two walked into the room and closed the door, only to freeze. There in front of them, you were singing beautifully and jumping up and down to a tune that Taehyung and Kai could not hear.

   "Billie Jean is not my lover . . .

   "She's just a girl who claims that I am the one . . .

   "But the kid is not my son . . ."

   Taehyung stood there mesmerized by his mate. He had never heard a voice more soothing than yours out of all the singers that he had ever heard in his entire idol career. And he had heart a lot of voices.

   "Merpeople/sirens all have beautiful voices," Kai said from beside him. He had noticed how Taehyung was gazing upon his sister and knew it'd only be a matter of time before Taehyung fell in love with her. "It's one of the reasons why I can sing, and your voice will become noticeably better, too." Taehyung nodded but didn't turn away from the beautiful girl that was now his mate.

   "People always told me~ be careful what you do—AHH!" Taehyung snapped out of his stupor and screamed in harmony with you.

   "WHY ARE YOU BOTH JUST STANDING THERE SILENTLY?!" you screeched.

   "WE JUST WANTED TO LISTEN TO YOU SING!" Kai yelled in response.

   "YOU COULDA AT LEAST DONE THAT FROM IN FRONT OF ME!" you shrieked.

   "WELL, WE'RE SORRY!"

   "BAH!"

   "BAH!"

   You huffed and pivoted on your heels, heading straight towards the water. "You can put your stuff in the left corner over there, Taehyung, and then come get into the water. You need to learn how to use that tail of ours ASAP," you commanded.

   "Okay, I'll do that, but please call me 'Oppa'."

   "Nah, I'll just call you 'Taehyung'."

   "Damn you."

***

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!! Please make sure to vote and comment, it really helps.

This is the shortest chapter yet, but I'll try to make them longer. Just sometimes I'm able to get everything in before 1,000 words.

Bye friends~~<3