Six

New chapter!!! Enjoy~~<3

***

   You and Kai sighed in unison as you both leaned back more into the moon pool. It felt like you two had been soaking in the pool for years even though it'd most likely only had been an hour.

   With your snack supply diminishing rapidly, you and your brother found yourselves to be "someone kill me" bored. Kai had unconsciously began singing Wishlist from their latest album and you closed your eyes to try and get some sleep.

   "TAEHYUNG!"

   Your eyes snapped open and Kai's mouth opened wider as they heard a loud scream. Both of you looked up with wide eyes as a body fell straight down into the mountain right when the moon moved right over the mountain and the water in the moon pool began bubbling.

   With a splash, the person landed into the moon pool and began sinking into the water. You and Kai let out a deafening screech as you both dived underneath the water to retrieve the body.

   "Holy shit! It's Taehyung Sunbae!" Kai exclaimed once you both took hold of the boy. "Why the hell were they even up there? I told them to stay away from the mountain!"

   "I don't know! But I do know that if we don't get him out of the water, he'll drown!"

   And at that moment, Taehyung's legs began to change.

   "Oh my gosh!"

   Slowly, the boy's legs fused together, and his feet became to grow, forming into a merman fin; his pants ripping in the process. The newly formed tail burst into color, a beautiful pastel purple spreading onto each and every corner of the tail until the tail transformation was complete. You and Kai gasped and stared at each other for a moment before shooting up to the surface with Taehyung in tow.

   "What the fuck was that?!" Kai screeched once their heads left the water.

   "Set him down on the step; we need to talk about what the hell just happened and what the absolute fuck we're going to say to him once he regains consciousness," you ordered. Kai nodded and immediately sat him down.

   "Y/N, d-do you think he has water in his lungs? Do we need to give him CPR?" Kai worriedly asked.

   "I don't think so, Kai—look, he's still breathing. Plus, it looks like he's a merman now, so he's able to breathe underwater. I'm sure he's fine." Kai nodded and you both sat on the step across from Taehyung. Now all you had to do was wait for him to wait up.

***

   A loud cough brought you and Kai out of your thoughts . You both turned your heads to him and were met with the sight of the boy coughing harshly with his eyes tightly closed. Slowly, he blinked his eyes a couple of time before screaming at the sight of you both.

   "Where the hell am I?!" a frightened Taehyung yelled, panic surging throughout him. You gave your bother an icy glare before facing Taehyung again.

   "You're dreaming," you bluntly said. The boy pinched himself.

   "Nope! You lied." You facepalmed yourself, mentally reminding yourself to beat Kai's ass once you're both back home.

   Taehyung glanced down. You see his eyes widen and you and Kai prepare yourselves for the storm to come. "WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE A MERMAID TAIL?!"

   You wince and glare at Kai, who gets the hint and swims a little closer towards the new merman.

   "Sunbae—"

   "KAI, WHAT THE FUCK?! YOU HAVE A MERMAID TAIL TOO?! AND THAT GIRL!"

   "Sunbae—"

   "AND HOW AM I NOT DEAD?! I LITERALLY FELL INTO A—A VOLCANO!"

   "Sunbae—"

   "AND HOW'S THE WATER BUBBLING?!" Right on cue, the moon fully passed over the moon pool and the water ceased its bubbling. "AND NOW IT'S STOPPED—!"

   "SUNBAE!"

   Taehyung immediately shut his mouth and tried to bring his knees to his chest, only to remember that he no longer had knees. You suppressed a snicker.

   "Sunbae, if you'd let me talk, then you'd know what happened," Kai said as gently as he could. Taehyung hesitantly nodded and gestured for the younger to continue.

   "Well, for starters, my sister and I are mermaids. Well, I'm a merman, but you get the point."

   "SISTER?! YOU NEVER TOLD US YOU HAD A SISTER!" Taehyung screeched.

   "Nobody knew," Kai said. "She's been living here."

   "S-S-So, what happened to me, then?" Taehyung hesitatingly asked, moving off ledge to get closer, only for him to fall straight into the pool. A loud cackle escaped your lips and Kai slapped your arm.

   Suddenly, a scream could be heard from underneath the water. You and Kai dive underneath the water and see Taehyung struggling with both hands on his throat.

   "How can I breathe underwater?!"

   "You're a merman now. Of course you can breathe underwater," you rolled your eyes.

   "W-What else can I don now?" Taehyung questioned.

   "You can produce air form you hands to dry off your tail," said Kai.

   "O-Oh."

   "I think you were able to become one of us by falling into the pool during the moon ceremony," you thought out loud.

   "The what?"

   "We'll explain later, but for now, we should probably—" your eyes connected with Taehyung's. You watched in shock as his eyes turned blue and an unexplainable feeling washed over you. Kai gasped loudly as you both made the connection that Taehyung was your mer-mate.

   "WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR EYES TURN BLUE?!"

***

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!! Please make sure to vote and comment, it really does help.

Are you guys ready for Christmas? Because I am! What do you guys plan on doing for Christmas? My family and I are staying home. I wish we could go somewhere else, but of course Rona is preventing that. Also, what are you guys asking for Christmas? I didn't ask for much this year but I asked for the new BTS album:)))

What's your favorite song by another group other than BTS and TXT? Mine is probably "Gunshot" by KARD. I really love that song! It's awesome:D

Bye friends~~<3