Prologue

The prologue!!! Enjoy~~<3

***

   With a small splash, a middle-aged merman surfaced out of the water and pushed himself onto the hard, rocky ground. Using the air that came out of his hands, he completely dried off his long tail and waited until it transformed into legs. After slipping on a pair of shorts, the merman walked up to his soulmate and wife and greeted her sullenly with a kiss on her lips. The mermaid moved her children over for her mate to sit and looked up at him expectantly.

   "What's happening?" asked the mermaid. The merman sighed.

   "The pod's moving out." The mermaid's eyes widened.

   "What?"

   "Yeah. They say that we've stayed here for too long and it's time to move to a different island with a fresher moon pool."

   "What about the kids? Y/N and Kai are only two and four! They don't even know about them; we weren't even supposed to have them!"

   "They'll be fine, dear. I'm sure they'll be able to figure out how to move from the rocks to the water easily and hunt a few sea urchins or something. Unless you want to leave the pod and stay with them?"

   "Hell no! We've been with the pod all our lives. I'm not leaving them for a couple of kids," the mermaid said while looking at their two sleeping children with disgust (and a little bit of pity) in her eyes. Her mate chuckled and pecked her lips again.

   "Well, we better get our stuff together. We won't sell the house so at least they can have a place to stay," the merman said while standing up.

   "Alright."

   And so, the couple gathered up all of their valuables and left about a couple months' worth of food for the two children. Once done, the two descended into the water and blew kisses at the now orphan children.

   "Bye loves!" the mermaid laughed whileblowing two more kisses. Her mate waved with a smirk on his face before thecouple completely submerged themselves into the water and swam off with theirpod, never looking back again.

***

I hope you guys enjoyed the prologue!!! Please make sure to vote and comment, it really does help.

Bye friends~~<3