Chapter 9: "Seventeen Stan" (III).

Kai

Kai

After I have taken a pillow and a blanket to my office, my body went directly to the couch that was in front of my working desk. I laid there on the couch knowing well enough it wouldn't be comfortable but what was I going to do? Sleep at the table? 

I knew my back would hurt a ton in the morning when I woke up, but I just got to live with it then. Things have just been so constantly aching and here I am, lying with a thought that goes around my head every time.

Just how long is it going to be like this?

"Kai? Are you sleeping?" his voice came, opening my eyes once back more to look at him. 

He stands in front of me with a pillow and a blanket in his arms. What was he doing? "Stan?"

"Why are you here? I told you to sleep on the bed," I continued, watching as he pushes the table further away from the couch and began lying there on the furry carpet acting like he didn't hear my question. "I'll sleep here,"

And I asked why? Why was he doing this? I just want to sleep peacefully tonight and woke up early tomorrow and here he is who would soon to be filled with his chattering and question that would soon interrupt my sleep.

"I won't be noisy...," I answered, in such a way that he had heard my thoughts. Did I speak out that out loud? "I just want to hold your hand...," He continued, having me stare at him stunned by his neediness. The movement of his hand reaching towards my hand had me felt butterflies tickling my insides feverishly. 

"Please?" He added, adding the length to my widen eyes. He... looked sad... what's wrong?

"I'm actually terrified earlier...," He began, his eyes drooping with a hint of sadness as he recalled what happened earlier. "I knew that right at that moment, I was nowhere a place I recognized. Everyone was different... different gadgets in their hand... different style of clothes. Even when compared, I just knew that things were different, and it had me felt so lost in what I would do. I could have gone astray. But when I saw you at the park, I knew - I felt... everything would be fine once you're here next to me,"

Those words he said made me look at him with just fear as well when I thought what would happen if I didn't come and get him. If he didn't remember my phone number... it would be arduous for me to watch if he strays around day and night trying to find where he would go. 

What is going on with me? Earlier I pushed him away and now...

"Thanks for coming to get me... you're absolutely the best boyfriend," He smiled, leaning onto his pillow with his hand on the couch - waiting for me to hold it. I smile back at him. I always loved the way he expresses himself to me. It was just so open and just hearing it makes me have this weird feeling inside that I need to do what he wanted.

So without hesitation, my hand reach forward to grab his hand slowly and delicately. When our touched, it brings me back memories of how touching Stan felt like. I missed him... I missed him so much. Yet here touching his younger self felt like it was temporary - saddening me even more.