Chapter 17: Of the...

Twenty Stan

Twenty Stan

"I'll call you when I'm about to leave work. So just have fun outside and don't... I repeat, don't get yourself in trouble,"

Those were the last few words I heard from Kai when I send him off to his work. There wasn't any 'I love you' or 'stay safe' or even a kiss on the cheek for me when he left, and I haven't got the kiss that I wanted yet from him. 

Yeah... I know that he said I should focus on apologizing towards my Kai back at home first, and it would be not fair for me to even kiss him right now. 

I had a lot of fun and just much pure release from the things I have been dealt in my own time frame. Before I even came here, I remembered working out just because earlier that same day, I sold my all of my guitars to support a business that I wanted to start... all in while studying in college. I knew well enough that I had made the wrong choice to study music because it felt like I was pushing too much of my passion and likings that it turns into work and need. 

So... in the end, I only study just because I love studying it. Not for something that would make me pursue a career in that lane. Yeah... it is very much wasteful.

When I met the future Kai, all of my worries about us not being together just seemed to go away. I was grateful enough to know that I was living together with him even when I don't see much of my stuff, but oh well... I guess if my future self went back in time... then it must be that all of his stuff went too? Is that how it works?

He can be very strict sometimes which I don't mind but when it comes being his playful side... I have only seen it once... full... which was yesterday when we had that flour fight. Not to mention that it had me booming with love when I see him like that.

Now back to where I am, I was just strolling around the town after sending Kai and seating alone at home for the majority of the day. It was one hour before I would go and pick him up from work. I insisted that if he goes to work, I would be the one being his driver instead of him driving the car back and forth. It can be seen from my young eyes that he was tired and really just bored with work even with him being that age.

I never really thought that he wanted to be an engineer. Truthfully, I think he needs to pursue another career. A career that would help him sleep better at night and make him feel more energetic when going to work. Maybe something like teaching? Or... maybe he could work with me instead. But... then again, I don't we would even do our work if we were close. Just thinking about it makes me flustered.

After a few minutes walking around the town, I finally found a place where I could have a quick drink for a while before I would even go back to take Kai home. 

It was a chocolate café.... called Maverest. That kind of rings something in my head, but I don't remember...

Therefore, as soon as I entered the store... I went straight towards the counter to order my drinks and all. Everyone around me was staring at me like I had grown a second head or something, and they were murmuring something under their breaths like...