Chapter 28: Autumn Daylight.

Kai

Kai

A Week Later

My love for Stan was cruel since the beginning of how we met. All of the things that I had come to not know became so evidently true to my eyes now that I every now and then, I ought to be careful with how I treated love. 

I have realized that love knows nothing of time. And there was no absolute excuse to even avoid love regardless of how strong the reason was. I realized that love for someone is everlasting and even some people would say that someday soon, you'll get tired of your counterpart attitude... I believe that with mine it wasn't true.

These eight years I have never come to be tired of Stan's love and personality or attitude. The only thing that made me not appreciate the love he had given was because of my own worthless explanation of an excuse. But I have gone past that. I will forever promise... no, I will forever remind myself that we are in this together and every single wound that would scar us will always be the one that tells me how long our journey was.

Eight years of meeting each other, growing up with each other and loving each other...

I will never take that for granted.

"Is the cakes ready yet?" I asked from the counter, wondering if the new recipe of a cake was ready yet to be showcased to the customers. My work at the company has taken its toll, and I was soon would have one here... at the café.

I heard some shuffling in the kitchen then sounds of trays falling. To make sure that everything was fine back there, I went to peak the man who was handling the baking and all. As my head pops into the kitchen, I saw the man covered in flour, and it reminded me so much of the time we cook together.

"Oops, I got the flour all over me," He mentioned, staring at me with his hands up. I chuckled at the scene, walking forward to help him. "Why are you getting bad at this?" I grinned.

"Um... maybe because I'm working with my boyfriend? And I need to do my best?" Smiling at his response, I swiped some flour from his face then put it on me. 

"Want me to help you?" 

He smiled, nodding as he looks to the uncooked batter. "I sure do need those hands to help," A smile cracked itself onto my face, and we began to help each other in the kitchen to prepare the cake. 

Working here had me made some pretty big decisions since I'm leaving the one job that would correlate with my degree. But as I look at it now, it doesn't matter where I work. All that matters was if the work brings happiness and if it gives you the satisfaction in the end of putting a smile on your face... it would be the best work ever. 

So I chose to work with my lover. I chose to work here instead in the end because not only seeing people eating the wonderful dessert smile but also seeing him smiling as well as we enjoy each other more than often. It was the best decision I have ever made in my life to be here. To spend more time with him, it was best for me to be somewhere that I know was ours.