Chapter 25: Memories When It's Time To Go.

Kai

Kai

"Stan, are you there?"  My voice creaks into the empty hallways of his home. Acting on my instinct, I went towards the switch lights to turn on every single light there were. All of which except the bathroom. While doing so, I scanned the place to see if he was here. There weren't any traces of him but as I went into the bedroom, I saw the bed messed up and clothes scattered over the floor. 

What had just happened here?

"He's not here...," I muttered quietly, looking around his bedroom to see if he left any sign. Anything. 

There was no blood so that had made me felt relief for a while. But it was only temporary. I needed to find him so that I can fully feel at ease. As I walk towards his bed, I saw something underneath the unmade blanket. A black square object.

Reaching underneath the blanket, I took the object and was surprised to see a book. But it wasn't any kind of book. It was a diary. 

Stan had a diary?

I never really know him for writing his feelings or things that happened in his life into a book before. All I know of him was he... would store all up his emotions - hides it or letting it all out if I trigger something in him. But a diary... 

Did he not have somebody to talk to about his feelings that he had to confide towards a simple plain book?

What have I done? From being the only one he could express to... to being one of those people he had to hide his true feelings from. I am a bad boyfriend...

Without hesitation, I open the book to see what he had written. All of the writings seem to be new like it hasn't been half a month that he owns the book. The scribbles and drawing that was everywhere in the book mesmerize me. It was just being done by black ink and the way they were drawn really resembles the man himself. There was no doubt... 

As I open the second page, writings were seen.

August 23,

"The days of summer have gotten much cooler as we are reaching September. I had so much thrill about the café. It became such a new thing that I had come to like. Baking and all have been something so much fun learning and trying, and I know Kai would love it too.

But at the same time, it has been so long since I ever had a proper date with Kai. Every time we do, Kai would get exhausted immediately, and we just would go back home after a tiring day. I thought that maybe we could have some lover moment. 

I know going on a date is not that important but I wanna have time with him... even at home... he doesn't even spend his time with me like he used to.

He must've been really busy with work.

Although somehow, I feel that it doesn't even have to do with work... I was busy myself, and I was sure that our level of business was the same. I go to work at the same time as him... go back at uncertain times and I have a whole company to deal with either. I'm not saying that he needs to work like me.