Chapter 3: A Missed Arrow, A Love Fiasco.

Kai

Kai

The ruffling and toppling stacks of paper were everywhere flown in the entire office. Some of the papers are confidential private papers that needed only certain eyes to be seen and some were merely just data papers that tell about the company's status in which when put two and two together, the chances of separating which paper is which would be highly near impossible to do alone when they are now scattered all over the place... in my office.

I groaned for almost the twentieth time now when I saw the whole paper being in the state that they are. The other times that I groaned was because a worker spilt their coffee on my shirt, a guy trying to come into my office and bring up why the company should take his idea for the next product line and the last thing that I remembered that had made me groan and cried out of distress was how everyone in this whole did not understand the meaning of 'understood on the first listen' when they're given instructions to do things. Which then resulted in a lot of more work to be done at the end of the day when what is important at the end of the day is to go home.

Can anybody work properly right now? Or are these positions need to be replaced every single damn time?

I went down to pick up the scattered papers on the shiny floor, without having care to pick which is which and organized them at that instance. There was so much thing to do on my schedule and after this, I have a meeting with the head production team to see what was the new thing that they had come up with. The idea of a new product to them was something that had been done by the other company as well and to that, I had trouble cooperating. So that was the last time I had a meeting with them about the new product until they tried to have something better in mind.

With all due respect, I am not being picky or stubborn or dainty towards everything that they had. It's just that the company needed something that was absolutely brand new to be introduced. Something revolutionary, something sophisticated and something that speaks creativity at its finest. 

Yes, you may be wondering what job I am doing?

I've decided to just join my dad's company and be one of the head engineers of the company. Which soon would be my company as well when dad would choose to retire any time he wants. It was the absolute definition of terrifying for me because I have only started working here for a year and a half and all I have known to do what solving and doing other people's mistakes. 

It was catastrophic.

"Hey, Kai... Woah...," Hayes stated as he enters my office with two cups of coffee in his hands. I look to him from the corner of my eyes, my hands were continuing to pick up the pieces of papers that went all over the room. "Here, let me help you," He offered, putting the two cups of coffee on the coffee table then walking next to me. His hands were picking up the papers swiftly and once in a while, he would brush his skin with mine purposely.

I took a glimpse of him and saw that he was staring at me. Stifling a cough, I tried to make the atmosphere more work-friendly. "So... is the coffee for me?" I asked, shooting a look at the two cups of coffee that he brought in.