Chapter 13: "Twenty Stan" (I).

Kai

Kai

Why is he shirtless?!

"Huh? K- Kai?" He stuttered, looking at me with extended eyes. I wasn't too aware of what he was feeling because in front of me was a much older Stan but younger than the present. He had his eyes glued to me and all I could see was that he was partially naked - wearing a grey (sweatpants) and on top of all that, he was sweaty.

I gulped when I saw him like that, and while all in all, I was trying to figure out what had happened to him. 

He then lurched towards me, his strong arms grabbing my arms. I shrunk when he does that, when he looked at me with an expression that showed guilty. It was as if he did something towards me. But I didn't know what.

"What?! W- Why are you here?" He asked confusingly, his bedazzled eyes search mine like they haven't seen them for years. What has been asked yet again is repeated again by him, but in a more calm way because somehow he seems to realize he was at a different place. "No... wait. Why are we at the door?"

I just feel like I went bonkers for a second there because of his questions and his shocked state of mind. Which I mentally shake it off and looked at him with the same amount of confusion. "The real question here is why are you shirtless?! And what are you even talking about?! You were the one who closed the door on me when...," I trail off slowly as I saw something that brings me back to Christmas 2023.

It was the ring that I saw in his car back when we left the mall. The ring that I thought was his engagement ring but in truth, he said it was just for looks. For the reason that he doesn't anyone flirting with him.

My lips tremble when I reach to touch the ring that he wore. Which had him widened his eyes back again and stare at me with awareness. "Kai, no. That- That's not what it looks like-," He quickly denied, but I knew so well. Instead, I cut him off with my question.

"How old are you?" I demanded, staring at his face to see his features - grown much sharper than the last time. 

"M-my age? That's not-,"

"Just answer the goddamn question!" I snapped. I needed to know if this is what I think it was.

He winced hearing my loud voice. "T-twenty...,"

Shit.

I was becoming more and more at lost of my words when I realized that I was true. This can't be happening. What- what was going on? How come he was twenty when a few days ago he's... 

"Oh no... This can't be! There's no way...," I covered my face, pushing Stan away from me to let myself breathe even better. I couldn't even think straight of why was this even happening. The only thing that ran through my mind was that it would be only Seventeen Stan... not this... twenty-year-old version of him. Furthermore, that year was when we still fell apart from each other.