Jyu Hachi

J Y U

J Y U

H A C H I

Against the Magician of the East

(The Challenge)

(;;;・_・)🥗(눈‸눈)

"IF I BEAT YOU IN A SHOKUGEKI, WILL YOU TAKE BACK IKKI-CHAN'S EXPULSION?"

"Pfft," Shinomiya couldn't help but scoff at the student's challenge. Standing up for Ikki was a very brave thing to do, but this — this is stupidity. "Shokugeki, huh? Now, that brings back memories..."

"What the hell is the transfer kid thinking?"

"He must've had a death wish. Besides, there's no way he'll win against an alumnus, and the former First Seat."

"Chef Shinomiya's a veteran chef that's been working from the frontlines of the whole food industry!"

That didn't make Soma back down nor take back his words. His expression showed how dead serious he was at what he said, and he ain't planning on backing out anytime soon.

Beside him, Megumi's eyes widened in shock. She too, shares the same resolve as Soma does, but winning against an alumnus of Totsuki — it just seems impossible! Even for Soma's abilities!

'B-But...' she clenched her fist over her chest. '...if this is the only way to take back Ikki-kun's expulsion, then...'

Ikki faced Shinomiya. "Chef Shinomiya! Please don't listen to him —" he was cut off when Megumi grabbed his arm, and pulled him behind her. His eyes widened when he felt the sudden aura of courage coming from her. "Megumi, what are you —"

"Please let us talk, Ikki-kun." she firmly replied, eyes filled with the same fire that Soma has. "We'll take care of this."

Ikki stared at her in disbelief. "Megumi..."

"A Shokugeki involving a person who is no longer a student, isn't entirely against the rules. However, doesn't it require the consent of both parties involved?" Shinomiya snickered. "Sorry, but I have no intention of taking part in this nonsense. Whatever you may say or think, Hirabayashi Ikki's expulsion is final —"

"Well, let's not be too hasty now."

Emerging from the shadows is Dojima Gin, the one and only Head Chef and Company Director of the Totsuki Resort. He leaned on the door frame of the kitchen as his eyes darted from the chef and the students in front of him. He seemed to be listening in to the commotion, hearing just enough for it to pique his attention for he was looking at them with much interest.

"You seem to have an interesting situation here, Shinomiya." he said, smirking.

(;;;・_・)🥗(눈‸눈)