San

S A N

S A N

Old Friends: Nakiri Erina

(っ.❛ ᴗ ❛.)っ💚⊂(・▽・⊂)

P R E V I O U S L Y :

"HIRA-KUN!" she called out when she finally reached him. Huffing, she placed her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath. "It's you...Hira-kun...right?"

Ikki turned to look at her, and he put his hand on her head, ruffling her blonde locks.

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH..." he smiled. "...NAKI-CHAN."

F L A S H B A C K

(8 YEARS AGO)

"Erina-sama, presenting Chef Hirabayashi Takashi," the butler introduced as a middle-aged man sets down a plate of filet mignon over a sauce on the table. "Here is the beta dish that'll serve as his main course for his menu at the Star Gala this year."

"Enjoy, Erina-sama," Hirabayashi Takashi smiled at the young girl, but she didn't spare an effort to reciprocate it.

Erina sighed, already sick and tired of tasting numerous foods that day, especially when a lot of them disappointed her palate. She just couldn't wait for this to be over with.

"Is this the last one?" she asked the butler beside her.

"Yes, Erina-sama."

Erina nodded, and grabbed the fork that was readied for her to use. She eyed the elegantly-plated dish, and inwardly acknowledged the chef for the delicacy in the details of his plating before sliding her fork through the meat.

'It sliced into the mignon smoothly,' she thought, taking a piece of the meat and putting some of the sauce over it before placing it into her mouth.

Everyone in the room with her held their breaths, anticipating her reaction. They were very much aware of the girl's divine palate, and would stop at nothing to satisfy it.

Erina closed her eyes, and let her palate dance with the food, sending images to her brain in relation to the taste. 'I feel like I'm bouncing on a trampoline made out of the softly-cooked mignon. The flavors, the marinate, the meat juices – it's all very savory...'

But suddenly, she furrowed her eyebrows as the taste of the sauce started to mix in. 'However...'

"The sauce is horribly made," she bluntly said. It was so straightforward that it could make any chef depressed. "It doesn't compliment the mignon at all!"

Takashi sweatdropped, chuckling awkwardly as he scratched his cheek in embarrassment. 'I knew I shouldn't have let Ikki change the sauce,' he thought, a bit regretful that he let his son change the recipe at the last minute.