Jyu San

OLD FRIENDS
✓Nakiri Erina (Chapter San)
✓Hayama Akira (Chapter Go)
✓Shinomiya Kojirō (Chapter Jyu San)

OLD FRIENDS✓Nakiri Erina (Chapter San)✓Hayama Akira (Chapter Go)✓Shinomiya Kojirō (Chapter Jyu San)

J Y U

S A N

Old Friends (Part Three)

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ🥖(˃͈ દ ˂͈ ༶ )

F L A S H B A C K

(4 YEARS AGO)

"IKKI-CHAN, MOM told me that you'll visit another country with Takashi-san!" Soma whined in front of Ikki, who was busy reading a cookbook that he found at Soma's house.

The boys could go out and enjoy the great outdoors like what kids their age do, but Soma would often go down to their diner to help out at the family business, so they settled to just spend time upstairs at Soma's room.

Ikki nodded. "Uh, yeah. He's gonna cook at some event. You know, the usual."

"Where are you going this time?"

"France."

"Lucky!" Soma pouted as he leaned his back against Ikki's. "It must be great going out of the country from time to time. Seeing the world, trying different cuisines..."

"Well, the jetlag is a pain in the ass, but yeah it is great," Ikki sighed. "It's a good thing the school lets me catch up with the classes I missed or else, it'll be really troublesome if I have to move schools again."

Soma smirked, and leaned his face close to Ikki's from behind. "When I met you, you didn't care about changing schools. Could it be that you don't want to change schools because of me?"

Ikki used the book to push Soma's face away as his eyebrow twitched in irritation. "Shut it, Soma! You're too full of yourself."

Although he'd deny it, Soma's speculation was actually true. Ikki's been friends with him for two years now, and during that time, he grew close to him. He'd be lying if he'd say that he doesn't consider him as one of his dearest friends.

"Aww, is Ikki-chan blushing?" Soma teased, poking Ikki's slightly flushed cheek.

An irk mark appeared on Ikki's temple. "Shut —" he punched Soma on the cheek to push him away. "It!"

"That hurt, Ikki-chan!"

Just then, the door of Soma's room slid open, revealing a woman who wore the Yukihira Diner uniform with an apron around her waist. She is Yukihira Tamako, Soma's mom.

Tamako had a toothy grin on her face as she looked at the amusing scene: Ikki was almost down with his hand preventing him from completely falling on the floor while he used the other one to push Soma's forehead to prevent him from getting any closer to him.