Jyu Ichi (Part Two)

J Y U   I C H I  ( P A R T   T W O )

J Y U I C H I ( P A R T T W O )

The Quiet Don, The Eloquent Don

(The Food War Part One)

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡🍖ミ\(≧ロ≦\)

AFTER SOMA had them taste his dish, Ikki immediately finished their practice. He knew that if he didn't do that, Soma would be making a bunch of dishes until dawn, and he couldn't risk that especially when tomorrow's the big day.

When they were done cleaning, the three — Ikki, Megumi, and Konishi — noticed the sudden silence of a certain red-headed boy. They turned to look at where he was, only to see him sleeping soundly as he sat on a chair with crossed arms. He looked awfully tired, something that he isn't usually is, making them smile with each other knowingly, silently agreeing to let him have his rest.

Well, he did cook almost endlessly for the past two days, so he deserved to at least get some proper sleep.

With cleaning being done, they now had to go back to their respective dorms, and Ikki didn't think it was right to wake Soma up, so he carried Soma on his back, careful not to wake him up, and wrapped the boy's arms around his neck to give him a piggyback ride back to the Polar Star Dormitory.

"Ikki-kun, are you sure you're okay with carrying Soma-kun?" Megumi worriedly asked as she walked beside him with a plastic bag full of their leftover ingredients in her hand.

She knew that Ikki was equally tired as they all were, but here he was, carrying Soma like he still had some energy left in him.

Ikki nodded, and gave her a small reassuring smile. "Yeah, it's no big deal. Besides, he would've done this exact same thing to me if I were in his shoes." he replied, and Megumi simply nodded in understanding before letting out a wary yawn.

Not long after, they finally reached the Polar Star Dormitory. Ikki firstly accompanied Megumi to her room, despite her protests about helping him with Soma, and then took the ingredients from her, so he could take them down to the kitchen himself later on.

"O-Okay, if you say so, Ikki-kun..." Megumi timidly said as she sleepily rubbed her eye. "Good night..."

"Sweet dreams, Megumi." Ikki replied before going to Soma's room next.

He did have a hard time taking Soma's key from his pocket, but somehow, he managed to do it. He pushed the door open with his feet, and walked towards Soma's bed before laying him on the mattress. After that, he stretched his back because he was feeling the strain of carrying Soma before proceeding to take off Soma's shoes.

When he was done, he put the blanket over Soma's body, then quietly walked out of the room and slowly closed the door behind him.

'I want to sleep...' Ikki yawned. He was now walking towards the kitchen, because he needed to place the leftover ingredients in the refrigerator. After he did so, he hurriedly walked to his own room, and almost immediately plopped on his bed.