Nijyu Roku

A/N: iz been a while since ive written a long chapter. enjoy reading

⊂((・▽・))⊃ "ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵃ ʰᵘᵍ?"

"WHAT SHOULD I do...?" Ikki muttered to himself, his eyes tightly shut. He held his head in between his hands, his fingers burying deep into his skull as he felt like he was going to drown into the countless thoughts that was flooding his mind.

He took deep, shaky breaths in attempt to gain back his composure. He had a thousand questions forming in his head, but he couldn't provide an answer to any of them because he couldn't understand anything.

Or rather, he couldn't understand himself.

He should be happy, right? He should be relieved, right? This was what he wanted, right?

So, why now, of all times, did he had to have ambivalent feelings about leaving? Why now, when the opportunity is literally right in front of him?

"Aish..." Ikki muttered as he messed up his hair.

'I can't deny that there's a part of me that desires to cook again. But, the promise I made to my dad prevents me from pursuing that...' he frustratedly ran his hands across his face.

"It's not what...you...want, right?"

"Soma, I don't know what I want anymore..."

HAH? WHY ARE YOU HESITATING?

A voice from the back of his mind mockingly asked.

"Because..."

DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT YOU WANT?

"But ─"

YOU PROMISED YOUR DAD, RIGHT?

Ikki's eyes widened, almost horrified.

WHAT? ARE YOU GOING TO BE A BAD SON?

"No...I'm not..." he responded, slowly getting up from his position before making his way to the exit, his head hung and shoulders slumped as he lifelessly walked.

'That's right. I can't be here. I promised him. I promised Dad. And, I should...I should keep my promi '

"HEY, YOU!" A voice shouted which made Ikki halt in his steps and slowly turn around. He saw a child, a boy with dark brown hair, standing in front of Ikki's counter, panting like he had just finished running a marathon.