7| Strange Frequencies

Angelina Stilinski arrived at the McCall residence the same time Scott and Stiles did. She let out yet another sigh for the hundredth time that day and followed them up to Scotts bedroom. Hayden had locked herself inside, apparently she was a chimera and Liam freaked her out. Then the dread doctors almost got her but Liam saved her, only leading Angelina to be more suspicious.

"Hayden, it's Scott. I know that you're scared but we just... we wanna help." Scott tried but there was no response. He turned to Liam and whispered. "I can hear her heart beating she's really freaked out, what happened?"

"She was okay when we got here, I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." Liam explained.

"Why?" The older Stilinski asked.

"I don't know."

"She's definitely a chimera?" The alpha looked back at his beta.

"She said she heard a voice saying 'Your condition improves'."

Angelina opened her mouth and shook her head. "Well that's terrifying. No wonder why her hearts beating a thousand miles per minute."

Stiles pushed past the three and walked up to the door and tried. "Hayden, this is Stiles, your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look just open the door, okay? You can trust us." Still nothing.

"Let me try." Angie spoke softly, her voice barely above a whisper but the boys heard her. "She'll listen, trust me."

"Are you sure?" Liam asked, speaking to her for the first time since she arrived. Angie nodded and moved towards the bathroom door.

"Hayden, listen I know you're scared, but you need to know the truth. That's usually better face to face than through a door, and it's okay if you don't want to talk or if you're not ready to believe us but we just... I gotta know if you're okay in there." She talked to the other girl in a calm voice, trying to not scare her anymore.

After a second of silence she turned back to the boys and shrugged, then the lock clicked and the door creaked open. Angelina pushed it open all the way and everyone peered in to see Hayden looking at her hands which had claws coming out. She looked up and Angie and nodded.

"I believe you."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Scott set a map of Beacon Hills out on one of the library tables.

"We're back to telluric currents." Stiles stated blankly.

"The dread doctors didn't like coming into Eichen house because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott pointed out.

"Okay, so besides that... hell place.. where's the strongest convergence?" Angelina asked looking down at the map.

Scott moved over and pointed to where the school was located. "You're standing on it."

"You wanna hide her in the high school? For how long?" Stiles asked his best friend.

"If we have to, all night."

"Well, this is just great." Angie mumbled and walked away.

"Ah- Where are you going?" Her brother shouted out to her making the girl chuckle.

"To class, gotta get an education somehow right?"

»»————- ➴ ————-««

The sun had gone down and the darkness had filled the sky. Theo and Stiles were sitting in the jeep at the animal clinic waiting to see who's taking the body. The rest were at the school protecting Hayden.