14| The Sword and the Spirit

Of course you can never get one good night of sleep in Beacon Hills. Stiles got a phone call late that night from Scott, something about a bunch of bodies being found. He woke Angelina up and they got changed into different clothes since they were going out.

When they arrived at the hospital, they met up with Scott and Kira. The two girls shared a hug for the first time since she got back. Obviously getting interrupted by the boys behind them.

"Oh you're boring, can I not give her a quick hug." Angie groaned.

"No." They deadpanned.

The four teens got into an elevator and waited until they got onto the right floor. As it opened, they could see Sheriff Stilinski standing to the side and watching the bodies be wheeled away in bags.

"Who found them?" Stiles asked, not taking his eyes off the bodies.

"Argent," His father answered as he spun around to face them. "and he said the doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory." Scott said leaning in to the little circle they created.

"It's a slightly terrifying theory." His best friend added.

Noah looked between the kids,  "Well, the ME said that the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels."

"What if it's the Dread Doctors?" Angelina spoke up for the first time.

"Yeah what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies." Scott agreed with her only to be questioned by his girlfriend.

"Why would they do that?"

"Maybe they're covering for it." Stiles suggested. "Protecting it like a parent would.

The father of the two looked very confused by what they were saying, leading to his next question. "Protecting what?"

"A werewolf." Scott answered.

"It's called the beast." Kira also replied.

When he didn't answer to this; just his face going stiff and his mouth slightly open, Stiles spoke up. "We know, horrifying."

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish." The Sheriff nodded. "Because it looks like his dream is coming true."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"By order of the Sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All afterschool activities are cancelled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." The intercom went off the next day, Angelina groaned as she walked through the hallways.

Deputies with shotguns roamed the halls in pairs, holding their gun up and pointed at the ceiling. Everyone stared as they walked by, the hallways were quiet, too. It was like people were too scared to talk right now.

Angie found herself standing beside Stiles only minutes later while he talked to one of the deputies. They were joined by Scott not long after.

"You don't think this is a bit much on terms of firepower for a high school?" Stiles asked, pointing to the gun.

"Your dad's the one that issued us these things and he wouldn't officially say why." Deputy Strauss explained to the siblings.

"Did he say anything unofficially?" The younger Stilinski inquired.

The older guy looked down to her and shrugged, "No. But everyone's got a theory."

"What's yours?" Stiles asked curiously.