20| Apotheosis

"Vanishing twin syndrome.." Deaton read off of the paper that Stiles had handed him. They walked through the rooms and into the one where Angelina stood leaning over the table.

Stiles looked at her for a second and turned to the older man. "This is part of your expertise, right?"

"Not particularly, no." He answered honestly. Then he placed the file down on the metal table, an ultrasound laid out, two babies shown on it.

Just as the three were going to dive deeper into this, the doors to the animal clinic swung open. They creaked as they did and slammed into the wall, alerting the others that someone was here. Liam and Scott rounded the corner with a Dread Doctor in between them. Angelina sighed and shook her head lowly.

"He's still alive." Scott told them.

The two werewolves laid the Dread Doctor on the table slowly. Angelina pursed her lips, forming a straight line as she looked down at one of the guys who had put so much harm on her family.

"Can you keep him alive?" Scott asked the veterinarian.

The older man looked up at the boy and shook his head. "I'm not sure he technically is alive."

"Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam cut to the chase, growing anxious. Angelina looked over, worried about his saddened voice. His eyes met hers only for a second before he looked back down at the body on the table.

"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." Stiles shrugged.

Before his sister could comment on that, a voice called out. She lifted her head and looked over at the others, noticing how Scott and Liam were doing the same.

"Do you hear that?" Liam asked.

The Dread Doctor shot up from the table, pushing everyone back. A high pitched noise followed after and everyone covered their ears. Liam tried following after him but it resulted in the younger boy flying back into a cabinet and crashing onto the floor.

"Liam!" Angelina rushed over to the boy and crouched down beside him. She quickly scanned over his body to make sure everything was alright before helping him off of the ground. Everything that was metal in the room flung past them, making the two crouch back down.

Once everything stopped Liam advanced forwards, he reached his hand out to touch but was pulled back by Scott.

"Stop." Deaton warned him. "It's electrified."

Scott listened in on the conversation that was held outside of the clinic. He sighed and looked up and shock. "The cane."

"They took it." Liam sounded defeated. But it wasn't over, not until they got Mason back.

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"Maybe there's something here." Scott said optimistically as he searched through the papers. "Something about how he was a Genetic Chimera."

Deaton looked at the table as he responded to the alpha. "Mason had a vanishing twin."

"Now we've got a vanishing Mason." Stiles nodded his head to the side a little.

"What does that have to do with him turning into a 250-year-old French guy? How does that even happen?" Liam asked the others in the room, mostly the adult that stood to the left of him.

"Hold on." Deaton snapped his finger. "Scott might have something."

Angelina looked up from where she stood, on the right side of Liam. She turned her head to face Scott and tilted her head. "What is it?"