12| Damnatio Memoriae

Angelina hadn't stayed at the hospital long. When she woke up she had the sudden urge to get out of the hospital once again. So she ran until she couldn't anymore. Subconsciously running in the direction of Hayden Romero.

When her legs finally gave out, she took in her surroundings. She was at the communication towers. Why? She had no clue until she caught Hayden's scent. Angelina spun around to look at the Toyota parked nearby.

Hayden was stepping out, staring at the gate for the building. Angelina hadn't meant to sneak up on her, she would've thought the girl would've caught her scent. But she was proven wrong when Hayden shut the door and saw Angelina's reflection.

Out of instinct, Hayden swung her arm out. The other girl ducked just in time to miss her swing. "Angie!" Hayden exclaimed.

"Sorry!" She held her hands up in defense, backing away slightly. "Sorry." She repeated.

"What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" Angelina's eyes widened as she breathed out heavily.  "What are you doing here?" She asked the same question. "You were dead. And.. And now, here you are. Right in front of me. Like nothing even happened."

Hayden was surprised by the sudden outburst, but before she could reply, Angelina mumbled. "How could you not tell me you were alive?"

"Maybe because you left me for dead." Hayden didn't skip a beat, replying instantly.

"You.. What? You were dead. In my arms!" Angelina exasperated, throwing her arms up and bringing them back down to her sides with a sigh.

"Angelina, you need to go." Hayden said, almost as if she wanted her to actually stay, but at the same time she wanted her to leave.

The Stilinski girl frowned. "Why?" Just like last time, Hayden went to reply but was cut off by gunshots coming from the inside of the building. Then snarling.

On the other side if the gate stood a huge dark monster. Its eyes glowed a white colour and its mouth was full of fangs. It gripped onto the gate and squeezed it, causing it to rip off the walls.

Then in a matter of seconds the gate was lying in front of the two girls. "What the hell is that?" Hayden exclaimed, not taking her eyes of the creature.

"Run!" Angelina grabbed onto Haydens hand and pulled her in the opposite direction. The creature let out another growl before chasing after them.

In the distance the duo could hear Haydens sister shouting for her to run. "What is that thing?" Hayden asked the girl beside her. "Angelina, what is it?"

"I don't know! Just run!"

They continued to run throughout the woods, taking turns looking behind to see how close the thing was. Hayden almost flung herself over a cliff if it weren't for Angelina pulling her back by her waist.

She was quick to let go when Hayden said, "Jump."

"Are you kidding?"

"We can make it. Come on." She said grabbing onto Angelinas hand, pulling her back to give themselves a running start. Then they took off.

Hayden landed with ease on the other side. Angelina wasn't as lucky. She was slipping off the edge of the cliff, her hands trying to find a grip on the rock. But Hayden couldn't get her up before the thing was on the same side as them.

Angelina looked down and back up to Hayden. "Do you trust me?"

"What? No." She replied, looking down at the rocks below. But Angelina didn't care for her response as she grabbed onto her arm and pulled her off the cliff. Both letting out screams as the fell backwards.