13

Sexy times ahead !

Alastor's POV:

Gabriel gets back late afternoon, and I'm almost offended. This boy left all day for practice and to spend time with his team, completely neglecting me!

I almost want to reprimand him, but when the door opens and he walks in, I can see that it must've been an afternoon of goodbyes.

"You are upset," I point out, and he nods, not trusting himself to speak.

I assume it's because he's already close to tears and wants to avoid breaking down. I'd hate to see that, because I honestly do not do well when someone is crying. Trust me, before Gabriel, I slept with Lexi a lot and he was so emotional and it really freaked me out because I did not know what to do at all and I like have the answers to everything.

"Do you want to do something illegal?" I ask him, unsure of what else to offer.

I know some people have their upset friends talk about what is bothering them, but I do not know how to deal with a sad person, so I will try to avoid that.

"No," he says, not even smiling. "I just want to lay down."

He strips his clothes off until he's only in his underwear and he doesn't even crack when I make an over-exaggerated sexual gesture! He must be really upset, then.

Gabriel lays down face first on the bed, hugging the pillow and shaking a bit.

I do not know how to deal with upset people! Usually I relish in pain and sadness, but this boy is mine and I do not want him upset, but I have no clue how to help him.

As the lord of Hell, I am rarely awkward or uncomfortable, but right now is an exception. I awkwardly sit down beside Gabriel and rub his back, hoping that it's helping somehow.

He's been upset in my presence before, but it hasn't been tearful. The times it has were my fault, so I think my willingness to help him was out of guilt and not necessarily just wanting to deal with a sad person.

"Would you like to sit on my lap?" I ask him, but he doesn't react.

Why are sad people so difficult?!

I know he wants affection, because he seems to relax under my touch, but he won't just say what he wants!

Agh, maybe I should bring him to Kayden's room. Kayden is the most comforting of the soulmates and I know he is good at soothing others, but I also fear Gabriel will think I don't want to comfort him.

"Gabriel, I cannot help you if you don't tell me what you need," I say in a gentle tone, and he surprisingly looks up and glares at me!

"I told you I just wanted to lay down! I'm upset, so fucking let me be sad!"

Excuse me?!

He may be the one I wish to protect, but I feel he still owes it to me and everyone else who exists to communicate with respect.

I did not make him upset, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't actually have anyone to blame, which is why he snapped at me. It is probably being in his hometown, near his horrid parents, and knowing he won't get to stay here that is upsetting him.

"Fine," I mumble, lifting him up and ignoring his angry grumbles. "If you won't tell me how to help, then I will hold you until you calm down. You seem an affectionate person and refuse to seek it out because you are sad, but I can read you, Gabriel."

He keeps mumbling under his breath, but I do not care. It doesn't hurt me in any way, since I'm not very in touch with being emotional and I know that his reaction is based on his sadness and not because he's upset with me.