18

Alastor's POV:

I am livid to know that the king of Paradise is in my kingdom. He is only meant to visit me his once a year, and that meeting is not meant to take place for another six months.

I sit on my throne, glaring at the other king. "Is there a reason you must disturb me six months early, Cassius?" I ask him, leaning back in my chair.

"Yes, and you know exactly why I am here," Cassius responds, his stupid golden crown seated on his head. "You cannot take pure, innocent individuals away from Earth and enslave them!"

Cassius is the only being who can challenge my power. He's accompanied by a flock of his angels, which are so much worse than my angel, Gabriel. However, they all have power, so I must choose my words carefully.

So, I hum and play stupid with them. "I'm not sure what you're talking about. I have no slave at the moment."

"We keep tabs on those going through your portals, just like you do with ours! You took an innocent, young man away from Earth and we both know that you do not have a soulmate, Alastor!"

"I don't have a slave, Cassius."

Cassius glares at me, quite an ugly look on his face.

I much prefer the cute, pouty glares on Gabriel's face when he's upset.

"You have a human, and if you don't let him go-"

Laughter bursts from my mouth, making Cassius glare at me once again.

I wave one of my servants over. "Go fetch Gabriel," I order, and minutes later, Gabriel is guided into the room. "Come here, my angel."

He glances at Cassius before he runs over to me, climbing into my lap. "I still want my own throne," he whispers, making me chuckle.

"Cassius, this is my life mate, Gabriel. He is not my slave," I say, watching Gabriel look Cassius up and down, obvious judgement on his face.

Cassius shakes his head. "Gabriel, you do not belong here. You belong on Earth, and then when you die, you will go to Paradise."

"I don't like Earth," Gabriel says, rolling his eyes at Cassius. "I like being in Hell with Alastor."

"Alastor, you must make him leave. He doesn't belong here, and if you do not let him leave, I will take him by force."

Gabriel glares. "What about my fucking choice?" he asks, and I feel my chest swell with pride for my lover. "I want to stay here and that should be enough!"

"You don't belong here! You will not be happy here! Alastor has taken people in the past and used them for his own purposes, and then when he gets bored, he discards them," Cassius says, and anger bubbles up in me.

"I have done that to slaves. I care about Gabriel and he will not be thrown away like some pathetic slave that was destined to be in Hell and tortured for eternity anyway." I notice that Gabriel is a little bit tense. "Besides, I never fucked them in my bed, and that's the only place where Gabriel and I have-"

The angels gasp when Gabriel covers my mouth.

"Don't tell them about that!" Gabriel whispers, his face red. "Not everyone needs to know about whatever we've done!"

I rub my hand up and down his thigh. "I apologize, my little one."

Cassius speaks up again.

I wish I could take away his ability to speak.

"I don't care if he's enjoying you," Cassius says in annoyance. "He does not belong here, so hand him over to us so we can bring him home."

Gabriel huffs. "My parents suck!" he exclaims, hugging me. "I'm not going back!"