20

Alastor's POV:

I am on Earth with my mothers and the sins, sitting in the kitchen of their mansion, waiting for my mothers to summon Azael. They cannot summon him from Hell, because that bitch of Cassius shut the connection.

There is a pain in my gut; I need my darling Gabriel back with me. He is not safe with those horrid angels, because they want to keep him away from me at all costs.

"I can't believe you lost my brother," Tristan scolds, glaring at me and ignoring the cup of coffee he'd made for himself.

He is not pleased with me, but I can understand it.

I was meant to protect Gabriel, and I said I would. Then, I lost him and his brother is now in Paradise with those angels who were no doubt trying to find out where to throw Gabriel so he's hidden from me.

"Lay off, T," Winston says, ruffling Tristan's hair. "We will get him back."

"Wouldn't be a problem if Alastor didn't lose him in the first place."

I glare at Tristan, but he never backs down, so he naturally shoots his own angry look right back at me.

Amity walks into the room, an annoyed look on her face. "You owe your mother," she snaps at me. "Azael wanted to talk to her alone. I gave her permission to do whatever it takes to get your Gabriel back, so you now owe me as well."

"Thank you," I say, but I don't celebrate too much. "But my Gabriel isn't back yet, so I won't be too grateful until he is back in my arms."

"I understand, sweetheart," Amity says, rubbing my back before going over to the liquor cabinet. "Now, I need a drink. Who else?"

Tristan raises his hand, but Winston slaps it down.

"We are not going to have a repeat of last weekend," he scolds, making Tristan pout. "Someone decided to get drunk because I was gone at a boxing match to spite me and ended up with the worst hang over he's ever experienced. So, he's grounded from drinking."

I roll my eyes. "Your brother is way less of a brat than you," I tell Tristan, making the young demon scowl and stomp off to the front porch.

He will always be a brat, apparently.

Unlike my Gabriel. The sweetest, most innocent, bubbly little human that I've ever encountered. I want nothing more than to take that human away from the angels and protect him better.

To not fail him again.

I let him down when those angels took him. Every part of me hates myself for their easy escape with him. There was barely a fight and I should have worked harder to keep him with me, so I don't regret sending that disgusting angel to the Punisher. 

Suddenly, the sound of heavy wind blowing rips through the room and a portal opens, Zahara walking through, carrying Gabriel. She is followed by Cassius and Azael, as well as another angel I don't recognize, so I have to fight my desire to take and torture Cassius.

Zahara hands me Gabriel, and I take him, backing away from the angels, growling at them.

My demon form almost comes out, but I manage to fight back against it so I don't risk waking up and scaring Gabriel.

"Lord Alastor," the unnamed angel says, bowing to me in respect. "I am the doctor of Paradise, and I am pleased to inform you that your human is pregnant."

I am thrilled to hear that, but I don't know why they decided to investigate that.

"Why would you check?"