Chapter 28 - Final Chapter

This will be the final chapter of this story. The epilogue will take some time but in the meantime, I'll finish heartfelt and will start posting a new story within a few days. Thank you all so much for supporting this story

Also, a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT YEAR AHEAD 🤍

Chapter 28

Mishti opened her eyes, surprised to find a dark ceiling. She wondered where she was. Then she remembered and smiled. She turned to her right where she found Abir sleeping peacefully. She sat up and stretched, then looked at Abir's hand which was intertwined within hers.

Mishti bent down and placed a soft kiss on Abir's forehead, then made a move to get up, but a hand pulled her back and Mishti fell on top of Abir.

Mishti : Abir, You're awake?

Abir looked at her with lazy smiling eyes that made her feel warm all over.

Abir : I had the sweetest morning wake up call ever.

Mishti (chuckling) : That was a cheesy line.

Abir pulled Mishti even closer then rolled over so that she was at the bottom and he on top of her.

Abir (kissing her cheek) : I plan to be even more cheesy from now on, My Mish. Picnics, Dancing in the rain, Talking all night, cheesy gifts, Everything. What do you say?

Mishti : Abir, Now if you don't follow through on these promises, Then I'll be very unhappy.

Abir : Don't worry. I'll never fail you.

Mishti cupped Abir's cheeks with her palms and kissed his forehead.

Mishti : I know you won't.

They smiled at each other, then Abir cleared his throat and looked at his watch.

Abir : Well Mish, I want to stay here forever just like this, but it is almost 7:45. I..... UFF!

Mishti turned to look at Abir who had fallen on his side.

Mishti : I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to push you. But you should have told me the time sooner. Who knows what everyone thinks at home?

Abir got up, shaking his head.

Abir : I don't know when we became like those soap opera couples. Oh my God, What will Ma ji say? We shouldn't have gone out in the night. I have to go and prepare breakfast for everyone now. C'mon leave me, leave me, Abir. This is not the time for romance.

Mishti (chuckling) : Abir, Did you ever work? You seem to know quite a lot about these dramas?

Abir looked sheepishly at her, then placing an arm around her, he led her towards the house.

Abir : When I was bored in the US, I used to watch those stupid soaps. It was a huge embellishment of real life, but it did remind me of home.

Mishti nodded understandingly. They walked back in silence just enjoying the other's closeness. Just as they entered inside the gates, Abir drew a sharp breath and looked at Mishti.

Abir : Your brother's here.

Confused, Mishti looked at Abir's taut face. She then noticed the familiar black car in the driveway and her eyes widened.

Mishti : Naksh. He's here.

Releasing Abir, She walked quickly to the door, then turned and looked at Abir who had quietly caught up with her.

Mishti : Are you alright?

Abir : I don't know. But let's go inside anyways.

Mishti (softly) : I love you, Abir.