6

It was Y/N's fifth and last year in college and to say that she's struggling was an understatement. Her final thesis defense will be on the last week of february and she only has 3 months left to finalize her paper. She also has a preboard examination that she has to pass in order to graduate on time. That examination covers all of her subjects from first year until her fifth year. Memorizing math, physics, hydraulics, geotechnical and design formulas is definitely one of the biggest challenges an engineering student can have. The only thing she loved about her last year in college is her internship at Myoui Construction Corp.

She was accepted in Myoui Construction Corp. when she was in her fourth year in college. Her grandma was having difficulty supporting her tuition fee so Y/N decided to work and study at the same time. Working in one of the biggest companies globally was already a great opportunity but being offered a stable job after college was another level of excitement to Y/N.

Y/N's excellent performance made Park Jihyo, one of the company's Project Manager, love her more and decided to give her a spot in the company after graduation. Jihyo was closed off, so most of the staff were shocked when she and Y/N became close friends.

---

"What are you still doing here? Don't you have classes tomorrow?"

"I can't Jihyo unnie. I need to finish this report so I can submit it to the quality control officer" Y/N said, not even looking at her supervisor.

Jihyo rolled her eyes and turned the computer monitor off.

"Yah! Why'd you turn it off?!"

"I'll talk to them tomorrow, don't worry. And the report should be done by Somi anyway. Where the hell is she?!" Jihyo yelled as her eyes search for her assistant, Somi.

"She went home unnie"

"What?!"

"-anyway, let's get you home, Y/N"

"You don't have to drive me home unnie. I can take care of myself" Y/N calmly said.

"I know you can take care of yourself but Y/N, it's already 11:30 in the evening and I won't let you walk alone in the streets."

Jihyo is overprotective of Y/N and she's the only one in the company that Y/N trusts, she basically knows about Y/N's relationship with an idol. Jihyo always treated Y/N like a little sister but Jennie believes otherwise. She has always been jealous since the day she found out that Jihyo has been giving Y/N a ride home whenever she stays late at the office or when she treats Y/N in a fancy restaurant, it always causes a fight between Y/N and Jennie.

"I'm sorry unnie but I think I can go home by myself"

"Is this about Jennie? She doesn't like me the first time she saw me and I bet my life she's jealous when you're with me, right?"

"I just don't want another fight with her that's why I do things she likes. Being away from her is hard enough but fighting with her when she's miles away from me is torture."

"Ugh, fine. Let me just give you a ride at the bus stop. I won't take no for an answer."

"Okay. Thank you unnie"

"Oh and Y/N?"

"-you're whipped af"

"Yah!!" Y/N gave Jihyo a glare while the latter was laughing uncontrollably.

---

"Hi babe! How's school?" Y/N called Jennie as soon as she got home.

"I submitted my thesis draft to my adviser and hopefully she'll finalize it. I also went to the company afterwards. Oh god my back hurts like hell!" Y/N said as she threw her dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

"You went home late again, babe. Did Jihyo gave you another ride home?" You can sense jealousy in Jennie's voice and you quickly picked up your phone.

"Jen, you do realize that Jihyo is just concerned, right? She gives me a ride home because she knows it's dangerous in the streets in this ungodly hour. I would've gone home by myself if my car didn't broke down a month ago."

"You know I could buy you a car, Y/N."

"We've already discussed about this Jennie. How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want you spending shit tons of money on me." You were getting frustrated by now because you haven't had enough sleep and your body is literally aching everywhere, but you still managed to keep yourself together because you don't want another fight with your girlfriend.

"You're my girlfriend and I have the right to spend my money on you! I've worked hard for this so let me just give it to you" Jennie yelled which made you shift on your seat uncomfortably.

"Exactly Jennie! You've worked hard on that money and you should be saving it. I don't need another car, okay? Please let's just drop this. I don't want another fight"

"-I know Jihyo makes you jealous but she's like a big sister to me. You're the only girl I love and will love for the rest of my life. I love you so much and I wish you could trust me a bit more"

Those words seemed to catch Jennie off guard and it made her realize how petty their fight is. She was so jealous of Jihyo that she didn't notice how Y/N was feeling too.

"I'm sorry baby. I just get jealous because we're so far apart and she's there with you. I hate it when she gets too touchy or when she treats you the way you should be treated. I should be the one beside you but here I am, watching someone else get too close to you"

"I know what you're feeling too."

"You do?"

"Yeah. I get jealous with other idols too, Jen, especially with Kai"

"We just did a collaboration, babe."

"But the music video you guys did was too intimate" You didn't want to admit it but when you saw the video that came out a couple of weeks ago, it made you feel insecure.

"It was only to make the fans crazy. Besides, the lyrics I wrote in that song was for you" you shot your head up only to be met by a smiling mandu.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you more, Nini"