7

It was Jennie's birthday next week and Y/N, Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa planned on throwing a surprise party for the cat-eyed girl.

Y/N was still doing her work at the company when she realized that she still needs to find the perfect gift for her girlfriend.

"Unnie! I have to go now. I need to buy something for Jennie" Y/N said to Jihyo before rushing towards the exit.

But before she even stepped out of the building, she bumped into a brunette whose blueprints were now scattered on the floor.

"Omygod, I'm so sorry Miss." Y/N quickly apologized as she picks up the plans. She didn't realized that the brunette was staring at her, admiring her side profile. The brunette was too busy looking at the girl in front of her that she didn't even heard what Y/N was saying.

"Excuse me Miss, but are you alright? Did I hurt you?"

"Oh, no. Uh-uhm I'm fine, thanks" the brunette stuttered and Y/N can't help but smile at her. It was now Y/N's turn to look at the girl. The beautiful moles on the bridge of her nose, philtrum and on her lips weren't left unnoticed. She actually finds it adorable when the shy girl in front of her fidgets her hands as she scans the face of the girl.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Mina"

"I'm Y/N" Y/N extended her arm towards the girl and when their hands touched, Mina felt butterflies in her stomach. Mina hasn't felt anything close to this for the past few years and it scared the shit out of her.

"Do you work here, Y/N?"

"Uhmm I'm actually an intern here and I will probably work here after graduation. How about you? Which department do you work at?"

"I'm actually in the Architecture department and I'm here to visit"

"Visit?"

"I actually work in the main office in Japan"

"Oh, wow. You must have met the Myoui's then. I heard they're really cool people. Have you met Sharon Myoui? I've seen her works and she's like one of the best architects, I wish I could work with her someday."

"-anyway, I really have to go. I'm so sorry again." Y/N bowed before the girl in front of her, but before she left, Mina grabbed her wrist.

"I guess, I'll see you again sometime?"

"I'll see you around Mina" Y/N gave her a toothy grin before she left, little did she know, she left a huge impact on the brunette's heart.

---

"Surpriiiiiise!!!" Jennie almost had a heart attack when she entered the dorm. All of her friends were there and then there's her girlfriend who needs to pretend like a 'friend' tonight.

It still breaks Jennie's heart whenever they pretend in front of everyone. She wanted the world to know that she's her girl but the company and the group will be affected by this. Jennie also knows that if her fans knew about her relationship with Y/N, they will definitely throw a fit.

Jennie wasn't actually having that much fun at her party because she saw Irene of Red Velvet flirting with Y/N. Y/N was completely oblivious of the 'not so subtle' touches of the girl. Jennie had enough of it and dragged Y/N away from Irene.

"What the hell was that?" Y/N's eyes widened when she saw the look on Jennie's face.

"Huh? What are you talking about Jen?"

"You were flirting with Irene!"

"I wasn't flirting with anyone." Y/N's calm voice wasn't a match with Jennie's.

"You didn't even remove her hands on your shoulder!"

"That's what friends do Jennie. I'm like that with Lisa most of the time and you're okay with it."

"Lisa is different. Damn it Y/N! Why are you so fucking oblivious?! Even a kid would know that Irene likes you!"

The tension between the two is getting thicker each second and Y/N knowing Jennie for years, did the only thing she knew to calm her down. She reached a box inside her jacket and gave it to the fuming girl in front of her.

"Jennie, how many times do I have to tell you to trust me? I know it's hard and sometimes frustrating because people don't know about us, so I'm giving you this as a sign that you're mine and I'm yours."

You opened the box and two rings were sitting inside of it. A gasp escaped from your girlfriend's mouth as you took one ring out of the box and placed it in Jennie's ring finger.

"This is not a wedding ring you dork" you smirked at her and she lightly slapped your arm before you went down on one knee.

"This is a promise ring, Nini. I promise that I will take care of your heart. I promise to be there for you in your happy days and to love you more in your worst ones. I may not be perfect but I promise to give you the love that you deserve."

"-I can't promise to give you the world because it's not mine to begin with, but I promise to give you my world. You have my heart and you will always have it til the end."

"-lastly, the next time you'll see me on one knee, be ready to say 'Yes' okay?"

You smiled while brushing your fingers on Jennie's cheek as you wiped away the tears that are falling from her eyes. Moments like this are the moments you cherish. Not only because it was Jennie's day that made it special, but because you knew that day that she's the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. You imagine her walking down the aisle, looking perfect in her wedding dress.

"You don't know how much this means to me Y/N." Her hands were clutched against her chest as you held her tight.

"I'm sorry I ruined our night. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"It's fine, love. I promise I won't let others flirt with me." Jennie managed to laugh at your words.

"You're not even aware if someone's flirting with you."

"I'll be more sensitive this time, Nini." You looked around and noticed that both of you are alone, so you gave her a chaste kiss on the lips.

"Can you put the other ring in my finger, Jen?" Y/N grinned when Jennie took the ring off the box.

"I can't wait to marry you" Your heart skipped a beat when you heard those words from your girlfriend. If only it was possible to marry her right here, right now.

"Promise me you'll never take this off, Y/N."

"I promise."