Chapter 9- The Lunch Box (Part 1):

Everyone returned from the game sweaty and tired.

    "What was the score?" I asked Mikasa.

    "Zero zero," she replied bluntly.

    Hanji butted in: "Oh, Eren! You should have seen it! (Y/N) did not let a single ball through! She tackled every single player!"

    I saw (Y/N) blush. She was covered in scrapes and bruises from the turf. "I didn't do that much. I just copied everyone else," she said.

    "Oh, yeah right! She's being modest!" Hanji beamed. "Even Levi was impressed!"

    "Tch. No, I wasn't, shitty glasses. I wouldn't expect anything less from a player on this team," Levi scoffed.

    "Who cares what (Y/N) did?! It's time to go in the hot tuuuuuuuuubbb!!" Sasha danced.

    "Yeah, there are way too many people here for each of us to shower. Let's jump in the chlorine and call it a day, eh, Levi?" Connie pointed.

    "I'm going to shower, brats. You are free to do what you want," Levi replied.

    I started walking up the stairs with the others when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

    "Eren." I turned to see (Y/N) holding up my sweatshirt. It was covered in dead grass. "Thanks for letting me borrow this... I can clean it for you, if you want. I realize it's kind of..." she hesitated, "... sweaty."

    I locked eyes with her. "Eh... you can keep it for now. Just give it back when this week is over," I said, looking at my sweatshirt with distaste.

(Y/N)'s POV:

    Eren left me on the stairs holding his hoodie. When I first put it on, it smelled like citrus and nutmeg. It was warm and musky. I realized during the game that I was chewing on the strings and jumped to stop myself. After today, it smelled more like grass and dirt, but if I really took a second, I could still smell Eren Yeager underneath it.

    Wait. Why was I smelling Yeager's sweatshirt? I brushed the thought away and instead got ready for the hot tub.

    I saw Jean sitting in the bubbling water alone and sat next to him.

    "Hey, Jean! You played really well today. The way you flipped that MP kid over without getting a foul— amazing!" I complimented.

    He avoided my gaze. "Yeah."

    "Eh? Jean? Are you okay?"

    "Hey, Marco!" he called out. "Bring the others, let's all hang out here!"

    "Okay!" Marco replied with a smile as he directed the rest of the group over to us. Eren and Mikasa were nowhere to be found. Jean stood up and switched places with Connie, so I was sitting next to the yellow-eyed boy.

    "Yikes. What's his problem?" I whispered.

    "Not sure... he's been like this since you re-joined us in warm ups."

    "What? Did I say something wrong?"

    "Don't ask me— I have no idea what's going on in Horse-Face's head," Connie replied.

    "AGHHHHH!!! WHYYY ME?! WHYYYYYYY??!" Sasha started screaming from across the hot tub.

    "What's wrong, Sasha?" Connie asked.

    "I CAN'T FIND HANJI'S LUNCHBOX!!!" she screamed in panic.

    "That's okay," Marco consoled, patting her gently on the shoulder. "I don't think Hanji will mind— "

    "Ha-lo beautiful teammates!" Hanji waltzed over to us. "Sasha, by any chance, do you have my lunch?"

    "WAHHHHHH!!!!" Sasha continued to wail.

    "She says she lost it. I'm sorry Hanji— I hope you didn't have anything valuable in there," Marco apologized.

    Hanji froze. "Oh, no. Levi is going to kill me!!" they pulled their hair and started pacing in circles. "The player cards were in there! I told Sasha to watch them because I didn't want to!"

    "Why would you put player cards in your lunchbox?" Jean questioned.

    "BECAUSE I FIGURED THAT WOULD GIVE SASHA AN INCENTIVE TO KEEP THEM SAFE!!!" Hanji screamed. "Levi can NOT know about this, got it? If we lose those cards, our season is over!"

    "He'll have my head on a platter," Sasha moaned in distress.

    Armin quickly butted in, "Hey, guys? Maybe we should stop yelling— we don't want Levi to think something's wrong— How about we go in groups to find Hanji's lunch?"

    "Yeah, that's a great idea, Armin! Why didn't I think of that?" Reiner said.

    "Because you're an idiot," Annie replied.

    We jumped out of the hot tub into the frigid air to go inside and change. I switched into one of my own jackets as Armin divided us up. I was teamed up with Jean to go check the left exit on the field.