jeanーdandelions

𝖗𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙 ー Ryuuzaki18 ; angst and fluff
𝖆𝖚 ー none

DREAMS AND NIGHTMARES, THEY'RE QUITE THE SAME TO ME.

ーWAKING up

in a cold sweat, you wiped the sweat off your brow. You kept having the nightmare for weeks on end. From the looks of it, it was still dark out. You decided it would.be best to go do your basic necessities right now, instead of rushing.

~•°',

Drying off your hair with a newly-washed cloth, you opened up the curtains.

Settling the now full teakettle on the stove, you took out some medicinal herbs to see if they would dull the now-forming headache from the growing lack of sleep. After a few minutes of tapping your fingers against the wood, the teakettle wheezed.

.

.

.

.

After strolling inside Mondstadt, you went outside the walls. Twirling a dandelion between your fingers, you noticed Acting Grand Master Jean coming off one of the dirt paths. Putting on a façade of being happy so your friend wouldn't suspect anything, you waved at her.

Cupping your hands around your mouth, you hollered.

"JEAN!!"

Seeing her quicken her footsteps, you did the same. The first thing Jean did was pat your head. Struggling to not close your eyes and doze off then and there, you gently shook your head.

"y/n, how are you? Sorry I haven't been able to talk with you as of late."

"That's alright!! I've been great!!" Aha, no you haven't been. It's not you were going to tell Jean that you were slowly getting little to no sleep. You didn't want to burden her even more, so you just kept it to yourself, keeping it bottled up. okay tho, I can heavily relate to this.

Walking all the way back into the walls of Mondstadt, Jean kept making small talk with you. The effects of the herbs wearing off, you started to zoom out at different intervals.

Jean stood in front of you,  snapping her fingers in front of your eyes. Snapping out of your 'trance', you looked at Jean, who was now beside you again. Seeing your home come into view, you quickened your steps, assuming Jean would go back the Knights of Favonius headquarters.

"Wait, let me walk you home."

"Huh? Ah, okay."

Unlocking your door, you spun around to face Jean. Telling her a 'thanks', you stepped into your home.

"y/n, may I come in?"

"Yeah..."

.

.

.

.

"Sorry for the intrusion."

Sitting down on the sofa, you both sat in silence. Jean spoke up.

"Are you sure you're alright? I don't want to press too much."

Twiddling your fingers, you bit your lip. Knowing that if you still were to keep it to yourself and Jean found out, you would get an earful from her. And if you were to tell her right now, you would still get an earful, but also some worried expressions.

So you just decided to come clean...

"Um, Jean. I... Well, I haven't been getting sleep lately, I keep getting the same nightmare when I do get sleep."

"And what is this nightmare you keep getting?"

Clearing your throat, "I'm in a dark room, there's a bit of light spilling from under the door. I go to open the door, and there's a long corridor. A door at the end of this corridor, I open it, you're standing in the middle of an open field. I'm calling out to you, you turn around and your face is sliding off your head, it almost becomes like a slimy substance, and your body begins to rot. It just keeps getting worse..."

Jean placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. Scooting closer, your head rested on her shoulder.

"Know that that'll never happen, I'm not going anywhere."

sorry i took long to publish this ;;;i feel like this wasn't even angst smhbut, i hope you still liked it!!

i feel like this wasn't even angst smh
but, i hope you still liked it!!