1. I'm ready

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

"Hazza? Are you ready baby? We should get going soon." Zayn, my brother asked me.

"Yeah, Zaynie, I'm ready!" I answered.

"Good. Grab your bags and let's go." He said and left my room.

I took the suitcases that I had packed the night before and headed outside to the car, where Zayn was already waiting for me.

He helped me put my bags into the trunk and we both got in. And then we started our almost 4 hour drive from Bradford to London.

You might be confused. Sorry for that.

Zayn and I are finally moving today. Our mum, Anne, is a drug addict. We have wanted to get out of that house for years.

And now we finally have a chance. Zayn turned 18 in January. It's August at the moment.

On his birthday he inherited our Grandma's house in London and all her money. That's the only reason we're able to move.

And it took Zayn a while to get my custody since he had to prove that he's capable of taking care of me.

And that is why we're moving only now and not months before. I'm so excited. We're finally getting a better life.

I'm a bit sad for leaving mum though, although she hasn't exactly been a mother to us for years. Zayn has been basically raising me.

After our father died 5 years ago mum has went off the rails. There was a year when she was clean and actually went to work but it went as quickly as it came.

It was mostly because of mum's boyfriend, Ross. He had ruined the only chance for us to get our mum back. I will never forgive him for that.

And he was abusive. He only hurt me though and only when Zayn wasn't around.

One time Zayn came home early and he saw Ross hitting me. He beat Ross up and comforted me while I was crying my eyes out in his arms.

Since then, even before that actually, he's been really protective of me. He even spent all breaks in school with me to make sure that no one messed with me.

I'm so grateful for him. He's the reason I'm still alive. There is no way I would've survived all those years without him.

And he had a chance to leave once he turned 18 but he didn't. He stayed to take care of me.

I love him so much. He's the most important person in my life. He's my rock.

Sometimes I feel really guilty. He should be able to do all the things other people his age are doing. But no, he has me to look after.

He has been working for years just so we would have food on our table and the bills would be paid since mum doesn't do it.

I know it takes a toll on him. He always says he's happy though, that I make it all worth it.