Chapter 9: Ache - Part 2

Picture: Doopliss on Zerochan; 

Izayoi slept late that morning, waking to feel something poking her in the stomach.

She opened her eyes, gazing into the quietly snoring face of the man she loved. Uncertain about how she should act in this moment but ecstatic to finally be in his arms, she whispered, "Good morning... my love."

He pulled her closer and shifted against her, prodding her stomach again.

His arms were around her, so--

She glanced down and saw the outline of something pressed against her.

Was that--

Confused, she considered that perhaps yokai men were like the dogs that had run through the village, hiding most of their mating parts until they were ready to--

The image of Kana and the monk flashed into her mind, making her blush despite being alone.

But Toga was not wanting to... he was still asleep.

Was he dreaming about doing... that... with her?

Heat bloomed inside of her at the thought, making her feel daring.

She gently slid her arm around him, running her fingertips up his strong back, and enjoying the contrast of the silky kimono with his hot skin and his soft mokomoko.

She glanced up at him, but he still seemed like he was asleep, so she ever so gently ran her fingertips over his neck and down his arm.

His breathing changed, and she froze, glancing at his face. It remained impassive, and after a few seconds, he turned onto his back and started breathing deeply again.

This exposed even more of him to her view, including where his kimono gaped at the top, baring a tantalizing glimpse of his chest. It also made certain other things more pronounced, but she wasn't ready to even think about touching that yet. So, she resolutely kept her eyes above his navel as her hands once again began their feather-soft exploration.

She danced her fingers over his arm and then gently drew her nails along his side, watching in fascination as his muscles jerked underneath her touch.

Was her yokai ticklish? She would have to save that thought for later.

She chose to move her exploration to a different area, fearing tickling him would wake him up.

So, she refocused her attention on his face.

She loved that face. It had always been a source of joy for her with its rough charm and heart-stuttering smiles. He was a man of deep thought and great joy, and somehow both were clearly evident, even when he was asleep.

She gently traced a long, pointed ear, so unlike hers but so familiar and so much a part of Toga that it had never seemed odd to her.

Next she ran her fingers over his forehead, smooth now with no concerns or worries. His strong nose. His full lips--

She squealed in surprise when he suddenly kissed her palm.

"Toga! You're awake!"

She wasn't sure why she hid her hand behind her back, like a child caught taking something they shouldn't.

"Good morning, my love," he whispered.

"Good morning, my lov-lord."

He met and held her eye as he said, "I could get used to waking up with your hands on my body."

Her eyes grew large, "I-I-I'm--"

"Perfect. My woman is perfect."

He leaned over and kissed her forehead before saying, "And you don't need to apologize for anything. You are in bed with your man; court decorum has no place here. Do you understand?"