•Part 20•

The best answer to anger is silence.
-Marcus Aurelius

"Oh my gosh, that was the best thing I've probably experienced in my whole life," she said almost as if she were a little first year after house sorting. We all laughed.

People started to leave at 11, but Daphne and I stayed a bit longer. The only reason Daphne wanted to stay was to talk to Blaise a bit more. I don't blame her though. I felt bored just standing around, and wanted to adventure around. Even though I was risking my life.

Malfoy was right, when I walked out of the ballroom, death eaters were pacing back and forth with their wands in hand. I saw Professor Haven talking to another death eater. I wondered why he was here. I guess they invited Hogwarts professors, but why was Professor Haven the only one that I saw. All I could do was grip my wand tight beside me. I was heading in the direction of the bathrooms but just walked past them.

It was quiet and empty in the long hallways of the Malfoy Manor. It was just how I imagined this place. I heard crying behind one door. I knew exactly who it was. Why was Malfoy crying again? Can he ever grow up?

I walked into what looked like a library. There was a fireplace and many bookshelves. There sat Malfoy on a sofa. His hands in his hair and covering his eyes. When I walked in he turned his head rapidly. He had fear in his eyes.

"What are you doing here Sanders?" he asked more angry than sad.

"Calm down, I'm just walking around," I said back.

"Do you ever listen?" he asked standing up.

"I know, it's dangerous. But at this point, I don't care anymore."

"Well, you should. You should care."

"Why? I'm clearly giving up because I'm probably going to die in the next couple of years by some death-eater."

"You can't! You can't say that. That's not fair!" He said getting sad again.

"What? What's not fair Draco?" (He's kind of being a drama queen)

"You can't say that you're going to die soon, it's-"

"Draco, I lost everything. I don't have a family and now I live with Greengrass's. Don't you understand, I had to leave my family behind because I was the one putting them in danger."

"Yes, and I'm so sorry Ali, I know how you feel," he said grabbing my hand.

No, you don't have any idea how I feel right now! Because you are safe here, no silly death-eater would kill you," I said feeling tears emerge from my eyes. Immediately the room went silent.

"I love you, Ali, I really do. Even when we fight, or when you get mad, it makes me love you more." That caught me off guard.

"You love me?"

"Yes! Of course, I do. Wasn't it obvious?" he asked.

"No," I responded.

"Well I do, and I need you. Don't go off risking your life like that. I can't lose you, not now." At this point we both had tears going down our cheeks. I took off my mask so it was easier to see him.

It was awkward, but I felt warm on the inside. He comforted me for a while. It felt as if the world was growing smaller around me. But the feeling was strangely comforting. He made me feel safe, even though Harry and Hermione thought he's a death eater, he was a pretty good actor if he was one.

It stayed like this for a while until Malfoy wiped a tear away from his left cheek. That's when I noticed. That's when I saw his dark mark underneath the white shirt he was wearing. Without saying anything, any words, I left. Running back to the ballroom where Daphne was. Quickly putting my mask back on. I couldn't bear to look behind me, I didn't want to see him there, trying to catch up to me.

"Hey!" Theo said trying to slow me down.

"Sorry Theo, I can't talk right now," I said as I walked into the ballroom.

"Daphne we need to go NOW!" I said pulling on her arm.

"One second," she said to Blaise. "That's not polite Ali. What do you need that's so urgent?"

"Malfoy, he-he's a death eater."

"He, Draco? Is he really?" She asked slightly terrified.

"Yes, please we need to go before he comes back," I said.

"Ok, I'll get my stuff and we can use an elf to get back."

It was all a blur to me that night. We got back to the Manor and got our pajamas on. We tried to make the best of that night, sitting by the fire with butterbeers, but nothing changed. It was silent. She fell asleep in her own bed, while I sat numbly in what you could call my new bed.