•Part 10•

What killed me the most was knowing it was time for our paths to part as quickly as they had met, but this journey was meant to be done alone first, we must get lost in the world until the time is right to meet you again.

No, no, no. Why did I allow this to happen? Why did Ron have to come now?

"Get off of her. I saw what you did back there. She trusted you Malfoy, and you betrayed her!" Ron said, getting closer and closer as he rolled up his sleeves. At that moment I had to stop what was about to happen.

"Ron, it was my fault," I said standing in front of Malfoy.

"What?"

"I'm sorry Ron."

"But he-"

"That wasn't me at the Yule Ball," Malfoy said, stepping in.

"Oh yeah, then who was it?"

"Theo and Pansy," I said looking up at Draco.

Ron still looked angry, but he quickly made his way into the Gryffindor common room.

"I'm sorry Draco," I said trying to make him feel better. "I didn't mean for this to happen-"

"It's fine," he said, pushing me away. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I stood there in shock for a couple of seconds. That night, I hated Ron. This could've been a perfect night. But of course, he had to ruin it.

I couldn't bear to stay up any longer thinking about the ups and downs of tonight, so I just went to bed. Trying my hardest to leave what has happened behind.

The next morning when we were at breakfast, it was awkward. Ron was quiet. Same with me. So that made Harry and Hermione quiet as well.

"Ok, what happened between you guys? You've been acting weird this morning," Hermione said breaking the silence.

"Just tired," Ron said.

"Same," I said looking around for Malfoy.

I was worried that Ron messed things up for us last night. I mean it wasn't my fault, it was Rons. I kind of liked Malfoy now. I still was not completely sure though. But I didn't know if he felt the same way.

Since today was the last day of our 5th year, I tried to make the best of it. Putting on a fake smile, and also trying to find Malfoy at the same time. I wanted to at least say goodbye to him before we split paths again.

—•—

When we were walking to the train, I was disappointed. I tried my best to look happy, but without a goodbye from him, I couldn't.

I was quiet the whole way back. Harry and Hermione tried to make me talk a little, but I was not in the mood.

We all promised to write to each other over the summer. I was not sure if they would actually do it. Probably not, right? They never have before, which made me doubt that they would do it this year.

When we got off the train, I searched for my parents. But instead, I saw Malfoy. I started to run to him, forgetting what I was really looking for. But halfway there, he looked back and saw me. Panicking, he ran away. I noticed right away and stopped running because my parents were in my way. I tried to see where Malfoy went, but he was gone.

I felt my heart sink as my parents looked at me in concern.

"Are you alright dear?" My mum asked.

But I couldn't talk. I had a lump in my throat. I was so close to saying goodbye to him, but people just keep ruining it. It's like a magnet that does not connect.

When I got home, I got unpacked. It was a long process, not because I had a lot of clothes, but because I had no motivation. My little sister later came into my room. I noticed her right away but didn't acknowledge it. She got bored after a while.

"Anything interesting happen this year?" She asked.

She didn't experience any magical powers when she turned 11, but she was always interested in the unusual things that went on at Hogwarts.

"Nope," I said carelessly.

"Then what was your favorite part?" She asked, her crossing her arms.

"I don't know, I mean it was just a normal year."

She got mad and stormed out. I didn't care at all. It's not like she could whip a wand out and do any harming spells. Sadly neither could I.

Later that night, when I was sitting on my bed, I came up with the idea of writing to Malfoy. I was trying to think about what to write. It sounded a bit pathetic, but whatever.