•Part 6•

Draco's POV

When I tell you I rushed out of that hallway faster than anyone, you must believe me. Man I was embarrassed.

My mother always told me that love was the most powerful thing in the world. And once you fall, it's hard to get back up. I was scared that I fell for Ali too quickly. Especially since she didn't accept my offer. I guess I was just not thinking.

After that, I didn't go to dinner or to study. Instead, I went straight to my dorm. Not wanting to come out ever again.

"You can't just lay here till the end of the school year," Blaise said from across the room.

"And why is that?"

"Because you're wasting your time on a girl that you might not even end up with."

He was right. My parents wouldn't let me marry or even date a mudblood. I had to move on. But what if Ali was into me. No, she wouldn't. She pushed me away.

"I bet I'm not the only one falling for a girl," I said with a grin on my face. "Who do you fancy, Blaise?"

He just smiled and shook his head.

"Come on, I'm the only one listening," I said trying to get him to spill out his words.

"You promise you won't judge?" He asked.

"Unless it's Pansy, then yes."

"I like that one Greengrass girl," he said.

"Astoria?" I asked.

"No the one with the blond hair," he said trying to remember her name.

"If you like her, you should start by actually knowing her name."

"Daphin? Daphnia? Oh, oh, Daphne," he said finally remembering what the girl's name was.

I laughed.

"Do your parents approve of this?" I asked.

"You're the first person I told."

"What a pleasure."

After that, I slightly forgot about accidentally kissing Ali. Blaise is someone who I can rely on. Way better than Goyle and Crabbe.

That night it bothered me again though. I couldn't fall asleep and didn't want to wake Blaise up. Instead, I just looked out the window in hope that Ali will magically forget all about today.

Ali's POV

That night was weird. I kept replaying the weird scene of Malfoy and I kissing over and over again which made me lose my appetite.

Malfoy didn't show up to dinner, or anywhere else. I felt bad. Was this my fault for pulling away? Or was it his because he was the one to make the first move?

Dinner was great otherwise. All of the food (that I could eat) tasted wonderful. So far, the house points were Hufflepuff in last with 590 points, Ravenclaw in third with 608 points, Slytherin in second with 643 points, and of course, Gryffindor in first with 651 points.

Slytherins were close to us, but the school year would end soon, so it really didn't bother me much.

—•—

That night, in the Gryffindor common room, Gryffindors were dancing and jamming to some loud music. It was a bit too loud for Hermione and me, so we just went up to our dorm to sit on our beds while staring awkwardly at each other.

"What's been bothering you all day, Ali?" She asked out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to brush it off.

"You've been acting weird ever since potions class ended."

"Probably just the relief I had when I passed potions," I said, trying to make it sound believable.

"Really?" she asked, still suspecting something.

"Really," I said, trying to get her off the topic.

"Come on just tell me, I'm your friend."

At this point, I just told her. I was a bit tired which probably made me spill all of my words out.

"After class, Malfoy pulled me into an open hallway where nobody was and told me he was proud of me, then out of nowhere, he kissed me. I pushed away of course, but it's been bothering me ever since."

Hermione's mouth was wide open, unable to say anything.

"Oh, wow, that is a lot," she said, still trying to take it all in. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No thanks, I'm just going to sleep on it," I said turning over and going to bed.