•Part 9•

And it was after months of silence that I realized we make better strangers than we ever did anything else.

**TW ROPES** (not what you think dirty minded people)

"Oh, about what?"

"You can't be spreading that kind of information. I don't want my father to hear about it," he said firmly.

"Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean for it to go this far."

He nodded his head and walked away.

Thursday night Hermione, Ginny, and I got ready together in our rooms. I had a shiny blue dress on with matching heels, Hermione was wearing a pink dress with matching pink heels, and Ginny was wearing a green and pink dress with green wedge heels.

We were all so excited to walk in and see everyone. As we walked inside, the Great Hall was decorated in a nature theme. Five lucky students who were randomly picked by Dumbledore. They would simply walk onto the ball floor and started to slow dance with their partner.

Harry was of course one of them along with Parvati Patil—his date. More people walked out to the floor and started slow dancing. Soon after Ginny and Neville walked on, and then Draco and Pansy.

When I saw it, my heart stopped, my eyes widened, and my face grew pale. Why did I believe that coward? Why did I ever agree to go with him?

Ron saw the hurt in my eyes and offered to dance with me, but I couldn't. I was frozen in place, and could not move.

When I could gather what I just saw, I ran. I ran fast. Through the doors. Passing many people who were clueless. I ran down an open hall and started to walk.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I started to cry. I took off my heels and walked slowly carrying myself to nowhere. I was warned about this. And I ruined it all.

—•—

I walked for a good half hour until I heard a familiar whimper. It took me a while to find where it was coming from. I opened a closet and saw Malfoy on the ground with his hands tied with rope behind his back. I ran to him and hugged him.

"Who did this to you?" I said, still crying.

"Theo and Pansy. Those fools betrayed me."

"I'm sorry Draco," I said softly.

"It's not your fault. I should've known Pansy would do this. Along with Theo."

"Well I don't really want to go back to the Greathall," I said, finally untying his hands.

"The astronomy tower is quiet. Would you care to go there?"

"I would love to."

Malfoy grabbed my hand and we started to run down the empty halls to the astronomy tower. It was hard for me to keep up so half way, he picked me up and started to carry me.

It was a beautiful view up there. Malfoy and I talked, looked at each of the different stars, and danced together. It was peaceful. And I enjoyed it. He pointed out a set of stars that was named after him. He told me that Draco meant Dragon and that the stars made a dragon shape.

"Where did you learn that from?" I asked him.

"From my mum, when I was a little kid," he said smiling at me.

After that, we laid down on the cold floor and talked a bit more.

"I'd rather be here than the Ball," I said to Draco.

"Me too. I'm glad I went with you instead of Pansy. She's a living nightmare," Malfoy said silently laughing.

Silence

"That ring looks pretty on you," I said pointing at a little heart ring on his hand. "Where did you get it?"

"My mother gave it to me," he said. "I think that it would look better on you though."

"No keep it, your mother gave it to you."

"Fine," he said.

We laid there for a little bit listening to the music that was playing at the Ball and looking at the stars.

—•—

"Well I better get to bed," I said after a while.

"Oh, uh, yeah."

Malfoy walked me to the Gryffindor's common room which was kind of him to do.

"Goodnight, Ali."

"Goodnight, Draco."

And right then and there, he kissed me. Every movement felt perfect. I could tell that this was not his first time kissing anyone. But it was amazing. It didn't last as long as I wanted it to though.

"Hey, Malfoy, get off of her!" Ron shouted from across the hall.