•Part 21•

The sun will shine and the clouds will go away - Thomas Moore <3

I didn't get much sleep that night. And if I did fall into rest, I just woke up again. The thought and fear that crept inside of me, was making me shrink.

Daphne helped out a lot. She fed me and comforted me when I needed it the most. Her parents went to a lot of meetings that the Dark Lord held. Which meant we could sneak around the house really whenever we wanted to.

Most of their house elves were friendly. They didn't actually mind me roaming around. Same with Astoria, she kept the secret of me being hidden.

But all greatness has to come to an end. We had to eventually go back to Hogwarts. I was thinking about not going back, but I couldn't manage taking care of myself without Daphne.

The plan was to hide me in an extra trunk. Then Daphne would get on the train and let me out. I still wasn't sure about it because I probably would suffocate in there, but it's worth a try I guess. I got my trunk and owl ready.

"Reducio," I said. "Okay, I'm ready now."

I fit the trunk and my owl into the bigger trunk that I'll be staying in for only a couple of hours. Luckily for me, there were small little holes on the top so I could breathe.

I didn't know what was going on around me most of the time. But I kind of fell asleep. Well until Daphne opened the trunk and I fell out.

"Thanks," I said with a smile.

"No problem."

"Engorgio," I said pointing my wand to the trunk and owl. Then at me.

"Want to sit by me and Pansy?" She asked kindly.

"No. But thank you for everything Daphne. Really. You saved me."

Instead, I went to go and sit with Harry, Ron, and Hermione because I needed to catch them up on everything.

"Hey, mind if I sit with you guys?" I asked.

"Of course," Hermione said, patting a spot next to her.

"I've heard about what happened to your family Ron, and I'm really sorry," I said.

"It's fine. It wasn't your fault anyway."

"Well I have some baddish goodish news," I said.

"Oh please tell me you're not a death-eater now," Ron said.

"As if," I said laughing. "Anyway, I was invited to the Malfoy Manor since I made friends with Daphne Greengrass."

"And?" Harry said impatiently.

"And, Malfoy is in fact a death-eater."

"See I told you mate," he said to Ron.

"So now what?" Ron asked.

"Don't ask me," I said glancing over to Hermione.

"Wait, how did you get inside the Malfoy Manor?" Hermione asked.

"Daphne helped me. We changed my name to Abbie Greengrass and I wore a mask that covered my eyes."

"And how did you find out that Malfoy was a death eater?" She asked, writing something down in her notebook.

"He was crying, like always, in this room that I found him in. When he wiped away his tears, I saw the dark mark on his left arm."

"Wow, and he didn't hurt you or anything?" Ron asked.

"Nope. I don't even think he ran after me."

"Just be careful. He might try to harm you at school," Hermione said worryingly.

"I can just blackmail him," I said with a smirk. We all laughed.

When we got to school, Dumbledore made some announcements. Not many things have changed. But he said that we are still under lockdown since we didn't know if or when the death eaters were coming.

It made me feel unsafe. Not only we all knew a war was going to start soon, but a death-eater loved me. Like actually loved me.

Up in my dorm, my bed felt cold. I shivered slightly. It was really late, and I couldn't fall asleep. I decided to stay up reading the Marauder's Map that I stole from Harry. I saw that Snape and Malfoy were up and walking in the halls. It worried me because Malfoy looked like he was heading towards the Gryffindor common room.

My heart was beating. Not sure what to think. Was he coming to kill us? Or was he sleepwalking? He turned down another hallway so he was now going the opposite way. I watched him until he disappeared. Just like that. I'm not sure what happened. But it was odd.