•Part 2•

Sleep will never be enough if it's your soul that's tired.

"Ugh, finally, you're awake," Oliver said with a sigh.

"What happened?" I asked

"You fell and we lost."

"Well it's not my fault he pushed me off my broomstick. Just be glad I'm awake," I said mumbling the last part.

"Well, now we have no seeker."

"Just run tryouts for another one."

"Everyone is not fit for a seeker. We have been training for months, and can not afford to lose another game," he said, still pacing.

"I'll try to get better soon, but Harry has been interested in being a seeker ever since I made the team."

"Do you think he's good?"

"You tell me. Go let him try out, and see what he can do."

"I'm trusting you on this one Sanders. We need someone that can help us win."

I nodded and he walked out. Madam Poppy Pomfrey came in scurrying to my bed.

"Finally dear, you're awake."

"How long have I been sleeping for?" I asked in confusion.

"Only a couple of hours, but if you want to be back in a month, you have to drink this," she said, handing me a cup.

"A month?" I said dramatically. "Is there a way I can heal faster, like drink two of these a day?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Exactly what happened to me?" I asked, making it so that I wouldn't have to drink the potion right away.

"You almost broke every bone inside yourself," she said.

I laid back on my pillow slowly taking in the potion. It did not taste good at all. Even if I plugged my nose. I saw that there were some of my teammates in beds and some Slytherins on the other team laying in beds as well. They didn't look as bad as I felt.

Is that Draco? How did he get hurt? Didn't they win?

—•—

Later that day, Ron, Harry, and Hermione came to see me. I was so happy to see them since laying in a bed all day was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Thank goodness you guys came," I said with relief.

"Are you feeling any better?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I just have one question though. How did Malfoy get stuck here?"

"Everyone's asking the same question. When he caught the golden snitch, his broom flipped over and he fell off since he was not holding on." Ron said.

"People think someone jinxed his broom, but they don't know who did," Harry added.

"Did he break anything?"

All of us looked over at him.

"I heard he got a minor concussion," Hermione said.

We talked a little longer while we both asked each other questions, but once they left, I had to listen to Malfoy whimper in his sleep. It was a rough couple of nights until he got better at keeping quiet.

A couple of days passed, and I was the only one left in the hospital wing. I got my meals served to me in bed, and only got a short amount of time to spend with my friends. It was a depressing recovery, but once I got better, I got to go back to my normal life.

It was tough at first since I was so behind in school. I got to watch quidditch games and my team's practices. Harry was a good seeker, so Oliver let him in. When I watched Harry play in a quidditch match, I decided it was best to let him be the Gryffindor seeker. He was way better than me, and Gryffindor was finally winning games.

Final exams were coming up which hit me like a rock. It was so hard to keep up and get things right. I noticed myself in the library studying way more than I used to. But I had my friends by my side which was all that mattered.