•Part 23•

June 30th 1997

The school year was coming to an end. And everyone was excited to go home. I was already using a packing charm in the morning before I went down for breakfast. Most of my things were ready to go before classes so I wouldn't have to do it the next morning when we were leaving Hogwarts.

The day started out normal. Except everyone was in a good mood. I loved summertime. It was so relaxing, but this would be the first year without my family. Luckily Ron invited me to his family's burrow over the summer which I gladly accepted.

When I walked into the Great Hall, Malfoy clenched his jaw. He looked sick and scared. I was a bit worried. But I could really careless.

"Any news on Malfoy?" I asked Hermione as I sat down.

"No, but Harry, Ron, and I have made an important decision," she said as she shifted in her seat.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Well, we've finally decided that you can join us on our adventure," she said in excitement.

"What adventure?"

"The one to defeat the bad and evil, of course," Ron said.

"Doesn't that sound, I don't know, a bit dangerous?" I asked.

"Yeah, but that's part of the fun," Ron said again with a smile. I was glad to see someone smile other than me.

"I mean, as long as we don't split apart, sure!" I said, not knowing what I just signed myself up for.

"Brilliant," Harry said. "Now we have a helping hand." I laughed.

All my classes were pretty much boring. No homework luckily. It felt good to not have to complete any more work. Two months of freedom. Two months on an adventure with your best friends. Sounded better and much easier than school.

—•—

Before dinner time, Hermione and I were hanging out in the hallway, when I saw Malfoy rushing to the stairway.

"Malfoy looks like he doesn't want to be followed," I said to Hermione. She looked over to him.

"He's up to no good I'm betting," she said with pure anger in her eyes.

"Want to follow him?" I asked.

She nodded in excitement.

We followed him from a far distance, making sure we didn't make too much noise. We did have a right to follow him, but it was scary knowing what possible things he could do to us. But I was with Hermione and she made me feel safe.

He led us up the staircase. It was tiring really. We got into Dumbledore's office eager to know what he was about to do.

"What are you guys doing?" Harry asked, whispering while trying to hide.

"We were just following Malfoy, he looked like he's up to no good," Hermione said.

"You?" I asked.

"Dumbledore needed Snape, but told me to hide since he heard Malfoy coming," he said with worry on his face. "Go and hide behind those bins."

We followed his orders. I was hungry though, and dinner was about to start. All I could see was Malfoy's hair and his wand out. I heard their conversation. It broke my heart.

"How do you know who I am? There are some things that would shock you," Draco started. "Trust me, I was chosen." He showed his death mark to Dumbledore. Was he really trying to kill Dumbledore? Were they right all along?