•Part 3•

If only I knew it was going to get bad again, I would've cherished the days I laughed until I couldn't breathe.

When I looked up from my desk, I saw all of my papers and books messily scattered around it. I was in the library studying for OWLs and some exams that were coming up until I noticed I was the only one left sitting there, which made sense since it was pretty late to be studying. I went to go and put back my books, but a little movement caught my attention.

"Done studying yet?" A familiar voice said. I jumped. Sitting there was a boy with platinum blond hair, cold blue eyes, and was pretty pale.

"Oh, it's just you. Were you studying as well?" I ask trying to act unbothered.

"No, I'm pretty confident in all of my classes." He said, giving me an unpleasant look.

What he said made me feel stupid putting my last book back on the shelf. It was like I was the only one that had to take more time studying for tests.

"Alright, I'll be on my way then," I said, turning around and walking away.

"Wait, I didn't catch your name," he said, smirking. I turned back around.

He didn't know my name? The girl he injured and made sit in a bed for a month?

Sanders, Ali Sanders," I turned back around walking to the door, just trying to get out of this place.

"You're not going to ask me mine?"

"I already know Malfoy," I said, not even bothering to look back.

When I walked out of the library, I tried to shake off what just happened. Malfoy has a bad reputation at Hogwarts. His family has been doing terrible things in the wizarding world. And he's usually mean and bosses people around, especially muggle-borns. But why wasn't he like that to me? He probably felt bad. I hope he felt bad. But I knew I needed to focus on my exams, it's just that I couldn't get my mind off of what just happened.

Was he really spying on me?

—•—

"Are you alright there Ali?" Hermione asked later that night when we were eating dinner.

Hermione has been my best friend since year one. We met on the train to Hogwarts. It was quite a coincidence really since we both ended up in Gryffindor. Year five is almost over now and we've been in a few fights, but we always came back to each other in the end.

"Yeah, sorry," I said.

"What's wrong, Ali?" She asked.

"Nothing," I say, trying to act normal.

"Come on Ali, just tell me," she said, grabbing for my hand.

"Well, Malfoy was acting weird today when I was in the library."

"Oh no, what did he do to you now?" She asked, hoping to not hear something bad. "Did he call you a mud-blood as well?"

"No, but when I was going to put my books away in the library, he was almost spying on me."

"That's weird, did he do anything unusual?"

"I mean if being nice to me counts, then yes."

"Well, at least he didn't hurt you again."

"Yeah," I said playing with my food.

I didn't eat much that night since the stress has been hard on me. I have been studying potions, but I can't seem to get this single potion right. It's pretty much impossible. I could ask Hermione for help, but it seemed like she had her own problems to solve.

My test was in two days, and I have not been able to get it right. It's so frustrating knowing that I, out of all of my friends, can't get this simple potion correct.