•Part 13•

It surprised me when I learned that people have their own life. They have their own story's and perspectives. But you're you. And that's all that matters.

When I read that my heart immediately stopped. It felt like the Yule Ball all over again. The horrible lump in my throat that was hard to get rid of. After all of this time, after waiting for nearly the whole summer, he just wrote that?

I took the ring off of the letter and put it on. It felt odd having it on though. I soon after decided to put it in my pile of rings that I kept in my room.

But now we had to go back to hating each other. I guess that was easy for Malfoy to do. But for me, I couldn't stand the fact that he said that it was not safe. Was that an excuse? Did he just go with me so he didn't have to go with Pansy? Then again, Pansy just hung out with him. He never hung out with her.

I was too hurt to write to any of my friends that summer. I didn't really care anyway, since in a week we would be back.

I didn't want to go back though. I regretted how I left my friends that day. And it's going to be awkward passing Malfoy in the halls. I'm going to be embarrassed to tell Hermione that Malfoy finally called me a mud-blood because she was right, and I was wrong.

It hurt me so much that I sat in my room, hibernating till my parents didn't allow me in my room anymore.

My summer was boring. All I did was wait around for Malfoy to write back. I get that his family can't know about us, but why can't they just let him live his own life.

I saw how happy Malfoy was with me when we were dancing in the astronomy tower, being partners, and helping me that one time in the library. I wondered if his parents noticed that.

But there I was, saying goodbye to my parents at platform 9 3/4. I didn't know if it was a good idea to sit by Hermione, Harry, and Ron, but who else would I sit by?

When I got on the train, I saw Hermione, Ron, and Harry in a compartment. Hermione smiled at me, which made me feel more welcome.

"Was your summer fun?" She asked me.

"Yeah it was fine," I said lying. "Yours?"

"It was more than great. My family and I went on vacation to Ireland, and I had a great time."

"Sounds like you enjoyed it!" I said trying my best trying to look happy for her.

When we arrived at Hogwarts, I saw Malfoy right away. I stared at him until we made eye contact. But I couldn't keep doing that. I have to move on as he said.

When I got to the Gryffindor table, I sat down by Hermione and Neville. I waited for all of the first years to get sorted, and then we all ate.

That night felt nostalgic. It felt like I was just dancing with Malfoy in the astronomy tower. It felt like when Ron saw me kissing Malfoy in the hallway. It felt like nothing had changed, but that's not true of course, everything's changed.

-last part came from Hermione