Chapter 5

Lionstrike jolted awake, panting heavily as he looked around. He saw he was in a den that had dimly lit stars in it. The Vertexclan deputy looked to his left to see the Vertexclan warrior, Sunsting, sleeping next to him. Shred must be here to visit us. He thought as he got up and stretched himself out. He padded over to Sunsting and cuffed her ear with his paw. "Wake up." he meowed to her.

"The best Vertexclan warrior needs sleep..." She groggily meowed.

"Well, the best Vertexclan warrior needs to wake up, because Shred brought us here to speak with us." Lionstrike meowed.

Sunsting suddenly hopped up onto her paws. "Shred?!" she exclaimed.

"Yep!" both Vertexclan cats turned their heads to see Shred standing at the entrance of the den with a smile on his face.

"I've been waiting for you to bring us back, Shred. It's been a few moons." Lionstrike meowed.

"I know!" Shred mewed back and giggled.

Lionstrike padded closer to Shred. "Has Ripplewave noticed me? Does she know I am the deputy of Vertexclan?" Lionstrike meowed.

"Not yet!" Shred replied.

Lionstrike frowned and stepped back.

"What did you bring us here for?" Sunsting asked.

"I've brought you both here to tell you about something you'll do in the future!" Shred said.

"What might that be?" The deputy replied, his tail swaying.

"You two will kill Skystar next!" Shred mewed happily.

Lionstrike's eyes widened, and Sunsting smirked. "Let's do it!" Sunsting meowed. "When do we get to do it?" she added on.

"Don't worry, I'll let you both know when!" Shred replied, fading away now.

Lionstrike sighed as his vision went black.

*

Lionstrike woke up in the Warriors' den next to Sunsting. He looked around and sighed once more before he realized he and Sunsting were the only ones in the den. Kill Skystar... He thought.

Can I even do that?

*

Deaddream ran back into the old Galaxyclan camp from the path he came from. Did I make a friend...? He thought as he padded around the camp once more. And I wonder why Jack has different eye colors.. The silver and grey-furred tom turned his head towards the den. I'll tell Aurora about Jack! Deaddream thought, then smiled as he padded towards the den his mother was still in. Shredflash rarely lets her leave the den.. But maybe she's seen everything already! Deaddream padded closer to the den.

"Deaddream."

Deaddream jumped and turned around to see his father Shredflash. Deaddream's fur was on end now. "Shredflash!" he mewed.

"How was it?" Shredflash asked.

"It was wonderful! I made a new friend!" Deaddream replied with a smile.

"A new friend?"

Deaddream nodded, "Yeah! His name is Jack, and he lives down the path!"

Shredflash stared at his son for a few heartbeats. "I must introduce myself to him sometime." The grey-furred tom meowed back.

Deaddream smiled.

"There's some fresh-kill in the den with Aurora. Let's go eat some." Shredflash meowed.

"Okay!" Deaddream replied.

Shredflash then padded to the den with Deaddream behind him.