Chapter 25

Am I really becoming a warrior today? Ridgepaw thought as he lied in his nest in the Vertexclan Apprentices' den. I can't believe it's been six moons already... It feels like Sunsting just got me as an apprentice a moon ago! The white-furred tom stretched himself out in his nest, then lied on his back. Ridgepaw rolled back on his front and smiled. Emberfoot and Lightningblaze will be proud of me for becoming a warrior. I'm glad I have them. I'm glad I have my clan! The apprentice thought. "Cats of Vertexclan!" Ridgepaw heard a voice come from outside the den.

"Please gather around the Sharp Stone for a clan meeting!" It was Skystar's meow.

Ridgepaw hopped onto his paws. It's time! He thought and ran out of the den. He watched as the warriors and medicine cats gathered by the Sharp Stone. The white-furred tom joined his clanmates and watched Skystar.

"I shall appoint one new warrior!" The Vertexclan leader meowed. "Ridgepaw, please step forward."

Ridgepaw stepped towards the Sharp Stone.

"Ridgepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Skystar asked.

"I do." Ridgepaw mewed back.

"Then, by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Ridgepaw, from this moment you will be known as Ridgewish. Starclan honors your bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Vertexclan!" the leader meowed.

"Thank you, Skystar!" The white-furred Vertexclan warrior meowed with a smile.

"Ridgewish! Ridgewish! Ridgewish!" The clan cheered for the new warrior.

The crowd of Vertexclan cats dispersed and went back to their activities. Ridgewish turned around to see Emberfoot behind him, a smile on her face. Ridgewish padded over to her. "Where's Lightningblaze?" he meowed to her.

"He went to talk to Rainpad! We're proud of you, Ridgewish!" Emberfoot replied.

Ridgewish purred from her meow. "I'll find Lightningblaze later, then!"

Emberfoot nodded, "Sounds good!" she then turned towards the Warriors' den and padded off. "I'll be at the warriors' den if you need me!" she meowed.

Ridgewish watched as the Vertexclan she-cat padded away. Time to go find Lightningblaze! He thought.

*

Lionstrike padded into the Vertexclan warriors' den. He looked around until he spotted a ginger-furred she-cat with her head on her paws. Lionstrike padded over to her and lied next to her. "Are you doing okay, Sunsting?" he asked.

Sunsting looked at Lionstrike. "I'm doing better than before..."

"That's good."

"I'm still scared, though..." her mew shook as she spoke.

Lionstrike nuzzled her and licked her cheek. "It'll be fine. We won't get hurt. I'll make sure of it."

Sunsting nuzzled Lionstrike back, then looked into his shiny grey eyes. The cream and fawn-furred tom stared back into her eyes. "I trust you, Lionstrike," Sunsting mewed and touched muzzles with him.

Lionstrike let out low purrs as he touched muzzles with Sunsting.

Shredflash won't lie a claw on us. He thought.

*

Deaddream watched as light peeked into the cave he was in. He soon saw a grey-furred tom gaze at him from the entrance. "Deaddream, come out now."

Deaddream smirked and did as he was told, padding out of the cave and looking at the grey-furred tom now. The grey-furred tom stared back, "Are you ready to get revenge, Deaddream?" he meowed.

He nodded in response. "I am, Shredflash. I'm ready to rid of all of those rotten clan cats for what they have done! They don't deserve to live... Those filthy clan cats will pay... And we'll make sure of it!" Deaddream unsheathed his claws and dug them into the ground.

Shredflash nodded. "That we will, Deaddream." he turned around and headed back towards the Galaxyclan camp.

The silver and grey-furred tom padded after his father, catching up with him.

"We'll be heading off to attack the clans next sunrise." Shredflash meowed.

Deaddream nodded in response. I'll kill all of those clan cats... He thought.

All of them!