Chapter 35

Shredflash...

We're almost done!

Aren't you excited? Shred echoed in his head.

"I just want to get this over with..." Shredflash replied.

"I do too, Shredflash," Deaddream replied as they ran down the Ocean Side. "These clan cats don't deserve their lives after what they did to us... We'll win this battle. For our kin!" he meowed.

"This hasn't been a battle, Deaddream..." Shredflash stopped in his tracks, staring at his son now.

Deaddream stopped as well, locking into his father's gaze.

"This has been a war. A war that has lasted for moons and moons. Ever since I was a kit, I've fought in this war... And I apologize to the kin that I've brought into this war." Shredflash looked up at the sky.

Deaddream listened to his father speak.

"I'll win this war for those we have lost that were close to us. We'll take down both the clans, Deaddream. I promise." Shredflash meowed and looked at his son.

Deaddream nodded and smiled. "I'll be with you the whole way, Shredflash!"

Shredflash smiled at Deaddream. "This may be our first war... But this will be our last war." he meowed.

Deaddream opened his maw to reply to Shredflash, but his head whipped to the side, looking down at the Ocean Side now. Deaddream lowly growled, unsheathing his claws now. Shredflash soon followed his gaze.

No surprise there. Shredflash thought as he stood next to Deaddream now.

In the distance were four cats.

"Are you ready, Deaddream?" The grey-furred tom asked.

"Always!" Deaddream replied.

Shredflash closed his eyes for a few heartbeats, then opened them, the four cats padding towards them now.

This is my last war.