Epilogue

A moon passed since the passing of Shredflash and Deaddream. The clans have had nothing to worry about. After the battle with Shredflash, Skystar notified Featherstar of everything that happened on the Ocean Side. Driftclan and Vertexclan went back to their lives.

The clans are now at peace.

There is gossip about Shredflash around from time to time, but there is also a story about Shredflash. A story that will get told to kits from elders as the moons pass by.

A tale about the uprising of Shredflash.

A tale that will live on forever.

*

The sun shone down on Driftclan camp. The cats of Driftclan, active as ever, padding around camp, or lying in the shade. Over at the Warriors' den, a black-furred tom padded out. His periwinkle colored eyes shone from the sunlight. Two more cats padded out of the den: a tortoiseshell she-cat with golden eyes, and a black-furred tom with light-green eyes.

"Shadowblossom?" the black-furred tom said to the other.

Shadowblossom looked at the tom.

"Will we have to deal with a cat like Shredflash again?" he asked.

"Oceanflame..." The golden-eyed she-cat prodded his muzzle with her paw.

"What, Tidesong?" Oceanflame replied.

"That's a dumb question!" Tidesong mewed.

"You're a dumb question!" Oceanflame shot back.

The Driftclan warriors readied to pounce on each other.

"To answer your question, Oceanflame." Shadowblossom started, the two cats looking at their father now. "Yes, we will."

"But." Shadowblossom added. "I have a feeling that we won't be dealing with another Shredflash for a long time. Maybe even forever."

"Are you sure, Shadowblossom?" Oceanflame questioned.

Shadowblossom nodded.

"Yes, I'm sure, Oceanflame."

*

Shredflash opened his eyes, looking around to see stars of many shapes and sizes. He saw trees and bushes filled with stars. "This can't be..."

"It is, Shredflash."

Shredflash looked forward to see a familiar face.

"Dustshine!" Shredflash exclaimed as he ran over to his mother and nuzzled her, tears falling from his eyes now. "I've missed you so much... I've done everything I've can to avenge you... And I failed..."

"Don't worry, Shredflash. It's all okay now," Dustshine nuzzled her son. "You're with me now, that's all that matters."

Shredflash nodded.

"Let's catch up some more with the others." Dustshine meowed.

"Huh?" Shredflash looked past Dustshine to see Blacksting, Eclipse, Aurora, and Deaddream.

"Why is Blacksting here?!" Shredflash nearly unsheathed his claws.

Dustshine stroked her tail on her son's back. "Calm down. Blacksting's mind wasn't his all those moons ago... An evil spirit from The Dark Forest took his mind," she meowed.

What...? Shredflash thought.

Blacksting padded over to his mate and son. "Shredflash."

Shredflash stared at his father. "Blacksting."

"I'm sorry, my son. I never wanted to meet you like this... I wanted to raise you and watch you grow to become a strong Vertexclan warrior, but unfortunately, I didn't get to do that..." Blacksting meowed.

Shredflash smiled. "It's... It's okay, Blacksting."

Dustshine and Blacksting smiled, then turned and padded over to Eclipse and Aurora. Shredflash watched as they did so.

Blacksting turned around. "Come on, Shredflash. It's time for your long needed rest."

Shredflash smiled, tears falling down his eyes. The grey furred tom ran over to his kin to join them.

The five cats padded into the stars with each other.

*

"Oh, well..." Shred meowed as he appeared out of a shadow in a forest with rotting trees.

"I almost got the clans, but things didn't turn out so well!" he meowed.

The black-furred tom slowly padded away. "I'm gone..." he started.

Shred then turned around and looked at the reader of this book.

"But I'm always here!" he meowed with a wide smile, turning back around and padding into the darkness.

Shred's ominous laugh echoed throughout the forest as he disappeared.