Chapter 31

As the sun slowly set down from the sky, Shredflash and Deaddream lied near a bush, out of sight of any clan cats that could come by. Shredflash got up and stretched himself out. "It's almost time to leave, Deaddream," he meowed.

Deaddream stretched before getting up as well. "Great!" he smirked.

The grey-furred tom padded out of the bush, his son following behind him. The two toms padded up the steep hill, heading to Vertexclan. A few heartbeats later, Shredflash and Deaddream made it to the top of the hill.

They stood at the entrance of the Vertexclan camp.

"I can smell those rotten clan cats from here!" Deaddream meowed.

Shredflash turned toward one den. "You see that den over there?" he asked.

Deaddream nodded.

"Go in there and have your fun." Shredflash ordered.

The silver and grey-furred tom smirked and nodded, running over and into that den. Shredflash soon saw two familiar toms. The grey-furred tom let out a low growl. They are just who I wanted to see... Shredflash thought as he padded over to the den and padded inside.

*

Deaddream padded into the den, unsheathed his claws as he saw two cats, both lying in their nests. The silver and grey-furred tom looked at a smoky black-furred she-cat. "Who are you?" she meowed.

"Quiet, you filthy clan cat!" Deaddream lashed at her and dug his claws into her side.

The black-furred she-cat shrieked in pain as claws got dug into her side. Deaddream pulled out his claws and dug both sets into the sides of her neck. "Die!"

Blood spilled onto the ground as the black-furred she-cat went limp. The shriek caused the other cat to wake up. "Scorchwatcher...?" it was a bright ginger-furred she-cat that spoke. "What's wrong-"

She froze up as she saw Deaddream pull his claws out of Scorchwatcher's neck. Deaddream turned to the ginger she-cat. "It's your turn, rotten clan cat!" he meowed.

"Smokedream! Scorchwatcher!"

Deaddream whipped around to see two toms. One was a short, grey-furred tom. And the other was a tall, ginger tabby tom.

"Stagwhisper! Rockcreek! Hurry and get Skystar or Lionstrike!" Smokedream meowed.

Rockcreek turned around.

A claw then jabbed into his neck as his eyes widened.

Shredflash pushed his claw deeper into the tabby tom's neck with a crazed look in his eyes. "This is for Dustshine," he meowed, taking out his claw and ramming himself into Rockcreek, knocking him over. Rockcreek's blood spilled onto the ground.

Stagwhisper's eyes widened as he watched his brother bleed out in front of him. Stagwhisper unsheathed his claws and ran at Shredflash. But Deaddream soon knocked him over. "Sorry, clan cat! You won't do anything!"

Shredflash and Deaddream slowly padded over to Stagwhisper.

"Leave him alone!" Smokedream meowed.

Both toms ignored Smokedream. They both scratched and clawed at Stagwhisper, digging their claws into his flesh, blood spewing all over the ground. Smokedream watched in horror as they attacked her son. She was too scared to do anything. A few heartbeats later, Shredflash and Deaddream stopped. Stagwhisper wasn't moving, and the ground stained red with his blood. Tears fell down Smokedream's face as the two toms slowly padded towards her now.

"Please... Don't hurt me..." the black-furred she-cat whispered.

Shredflash shook his head as he lifted his right paw and struck at Smokedream.

A few heartbeats later, the two toms ran out of the Vertexclan camp. No other cat had seen them enter or leave.

*

"Why did you three bring me here?" Ridgewish asked.

Ridgewish sat by the Ocean Side with Rainpad, Emberfoot, and Lightningblaze. Rainpad stared at Ridgewish, "I'm your father, Ridgewish," he meowed.

Ridgewish's eyes widened. Then he smiled and laughed. "What are you meowing about?" He looked at Emberfoot.

Emberfoot sighed. "It's true, Ridgewish... Lightningblaze and I aren't your mother and father."

The white-furred tom's smile then faded into a frown. "This has to be some kind of joke!" his mew shook.

Ridgewish looked at Lightningblaze, but Lightningblaze frowned and looked away. Ridgewish looked back at Rainpad. "Wh-Who's my mother, then?"

"Marigoldfur."

Not saying another word, Ridgewish padded away from his clanmates.

"Ridgewish, wait!" Emberfoot called to him.

I'm going to sleep. Ridgewish thought.