Chapter 10

"Tidekit, Seakit!" Oceankit mewed to his sisters and prodded at both of them.

Tidekit shot a glare at her brother, nearly hissing. "What? I'm trying to sleep."

Seakit only stared at Oceankit.

"Let's go do something!" he mewed and smirked.

"Do what?" Tidekit replied.

"Come outside the Nursery and I'll tell you!" he said. "Addersky! We're going to go play!" he called to his mother, then ran outside of the Nursery.

Addersky yawned, not opening her eyes. "Okay, Oceankit! Be careful, okay?"

Tidekit groaned as she got up with Seakit. The two she-cats padded outside the Nursery after their brother. A few heartbeats later, Tidekit and Seakit stared at Oceankit as he smirked. "What are you planning?" Tidekit mewed.

Oceankit got closer to his siblings. "We're going to sneak out of camp and explore the Ocean Side!"

"I'm in," Tidekit replied.

"Great! How about you, Seakit?" the tom looked at the white-furred she-cat.

Seakit stared at Oceankit, giving no response.

"I'll take that as a yes!" Oceankit replied.

The black-furred tom looked around the camp, making sure no warrior was looking before he ran over towards the entrance of the camp. Tidekit and Seakit pursued their brother over. "Do you think any cat saw us?" Tidekit meowed.

"Nope!" Oceankit replied, padding out of the camp.

Seakit and Tidekit soon followed.

*

The three kits slowly padded towards the Ocean Side with each other. "Do you think we must fight a Vertexclan cat? That'll be so cool!" Oceankit mewed.

"Maybe!" Tidekit replied.

Seakit only shook her head as the three padded onto the sand. "The sand feels so warm!" Tidekit meowed and purred.

"Yeah!" Oceankit agreed with his sister.

"Let's play!" Tidekit then tackled her brother onto the warm sand.

Oceankit playfully pushed her off of him and giggled. "I'll get you for that!"

Seakit stared at her siblings for a while before she stared at the ocean. Watching the sun float above it. Oceankit and Tidekit wrestled behind her. A few heartbeats later, the two stopped wrestling and watched the ocean with their sister. "Isn't the ocean beautiful?" Tidekit meowed.

"Nope!" Oceankit mewed.

"Oh, hush! Don't you agree, Seakit?" Tidekit nudged her sister.

Seakit nodded as she stared into the water.

"What are you three doing?"

Seakit quickly turned around. Oceankit and Tidekit squealed as they nearly jumped into the water, their fur on end. The three kits now stared at the face of their father, Shadowblossom.

"S-Shadowblossom!" Oceankit mewed.

"I don't even want to hear it. Let's just go back to camp and not speak of this. This won't happen again, got it?" his meow was stern.

"Yes, Shadowblossom..." Tidekit and Oceankit replied in unison.

Seakit nodded.

Shadowblossom held back a sigh as he padded back to Driftclan camp, his kits on his tail.

*

Once Shadowblossom and his kits padded into the camp, he turned to them. "Please don't do that again. If you wanted to leave the camp, you could've asked your mother to take you to the Ocean Side. Or me if you wanted to," he meowed.

Tidekit frowned. "It was Oceankit's-"

"I do not care who's idea it was. Don't do it again." Shadowblossom said.

All three kits nodded in response, now heading back to the Nursery. Once they padded inside, Addersky lifted her head up and sniffed the air. "Welcome back! Did you all have fun?"

"Yeah!"

"Mhm!"

Seakit said nothing.

"That's good!" Addersky meowed and smiled.

Oceankit looked at Tidekit and smirked. "We're so doing that again."

Tidekit smirked.

Seakit shook her head as she padded over to her mother and huddled up with her.

*

Featherstar watched over her clan as her clanmates were up to their normal activities. Shredflash could come out and attack at any moment... We have to stay on our paws... Or I have to, at least. I'll do anything I can to protect Driftclan and make sure every cat is safe. She thought.

"Is everything okay, Featherstar?" she heard a meow on her right.

She looked to her right to see her deputy, Sandcoat. "Just thinking about Shredflash..." she replied and sighed.

"Don't worry, Featherstar. If he even shows his muzzle around here, he'll get taken down." the cream-furred tom meowed.

"I hope so, Sandcoat..." She meowed back.

I hope so.