Chapter 32

Lithuania's P.O.V.

Canada invited us inside, along with Russia. He didn't seem like he needed to do anything else at the moment, and it had started snowing.
His house smelled wonderful, like pine trees and smoke. The kind that reminds you of warm s'mores and hot chocolate.

The Canadian grabbed a peculiar-looking box off of a coffee table and sat us down in the living room. He started fiddling with the box, sliding pieces in and out of place. Although, this was done entirely subconsciously, as he was watching us the entire time.

"What's up?" He asked. Germany leaned forward on his knees.
"Poland is missing. We think he was taken by someone."

Canada gasped. "Oh dear. That's terrible."
Germany nodded, then pulled out the piece of rope again. "This is all we have left. Hungary told us someone up north had made it, a-"

"You figured it wasn't Mexico or America, yes?" Canada said instantly.
Germany stuttered out of surprise. "Y-yes. Here," he handed it over.

The Northern country took it, adjusting his glasses on to his face. He observed it closely, running his fingers over it and even leaning down to smell it.
"Well," he said finally. "Yes, I did make it." He set the rope down, beginning to fiddle with the box again.
Germany nodded, but the bouncing of his leg gave away he was overjoyed.

"However. I can't tell you who I gave it to."
Slovakia narrowed her eyes. "Why not?"

"Because I keep all my hunting supplies in a barn. It's not for sale. I do remember one morning, going outside and seeing a barrel of it gone, but since I had so much and it had happened before, I just shook it off."

"Why was your rope taken before?" I asked.
"I have a few friends I've let access my stash, so sometimes they come and take some. But normally they tell me before they do it."

"But why would someone go all the way to Canada's house just to get some rope?" Slovakia said, turning to Germany.
"Because they knew we would do this." Germany answered after some thought. "Whoever took Poland did it so as to intentionally not be found."

Russia growled in frustration. "Poland didn't do anything to deserve being taken. Once we find whoever this is, I'm gonna blow their balls off."
Austria nodded encouragingly. "Good idea."

I scooted a little closer to Slovakia.

Canada pushed his glasses up again, rubbing his eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I kinda feel useless now,"
Germany shook his head vigorously. "No no, it's okay. You were really helpful. Finding Poland will be a lot easier thanks to you."

I turned to look at the window, and almost gasped. You couldn't even see the trees outside. A flurry of white was swirling around outside like an overfilled snow globe. Some of it had already started to pile up towards the window.

"Uh, what are we gonna do about that snow storm?" I said, pointing to the window. Everyone leaned over to look.
"Oh, nein." Germany said. Russia shrugged. "Nothing I can't handle."

"Um, no way am I going in a car in that." Austria said, gesturing to the storm. Slovakia nodded, the two in agreement for once.
Canada stood up. "You guys are welcome to stay here if you'd like. Although, you'll all have to double up. I don't have any single beds.
Austria groaned loudly. "What's the matter?" The Canadian asked. "Oh nothing," Slovakia said with a grin.

Germany looked around, then jerked his head towards Russia. "Well, I'll sleep with him, Lithuania with Slovakia, and..."
"Don't." Austria said, holding a hand in front of her face. "Oookay."

"Have you already had dinner?" Canada said, leading them to the kitchen. "I have some pancakes left from breakfast."
"I've lost my appetite," Austria said, going upstairs. "Second door to the left!" Canada called after her. She responded with the door shutting.