Chapter 27

Poland's P.O.V.

Czech tapped his fingers on the back of Germany's chair. "You want the truth, right? No one wants to hear lies. But what if the truth hurts you? Would you still want to hear it?"
Germany didn't speak. I wanted to speak, but I kept my mouth shut out of wild fear. Austria lay in a heap next to me, unmoving and unnaturally silent.

I watched Czech walk slowly around the single beam of light, his footsteps echoing loudly against the hard floor.
"Germany, let's set something straight. You're friends with Poland, yes?"

"Ja."

"So you have no romantic intentions with him whatsoever, right?"

There was a short silence. "Ja."

My heart tugged at my throat. He was lying to save me.

"So why, may I ask, were you about to copulate 3 nights ago?"

He did not answer. I stared at Czech in utter confusion. Copulate? He hadn't done any of that.
...right?

Czech let out a low grunt. "Well, if you won't admit your mistakes, perhaps you should know the other side of the story."
He clapped twice, the light vanishing from the room. I was picked up, set on a chair, and had my wrists tied behind it, so the posture matched Germany's.

"My, my my." The Czech country said with a small chuckle. "It's almost funny how much you don't know about each other."

He clapped again, and the light came back on.
"Poland." I lifted my head to meet his malevolent gaze.

"Your father died when you were just a boy. You grew up in the poorest part of town, a rather long ways away from much of anything. You walked miles just to get to school. Your brother was taken from you for years by the same man who killed your father. You have frequent flashbacks, permanent scars, and suffer from malnutrition."

He paused for effect before continuing.

"You live with your brother, who recently acquired a girlfriend. You feel as if he does not need you, so you pushed him away. You came to live with Germany because he simply found you in the woods."

Germany's expression saddened.

"And now you've been living together for a few nights, and of course, you've been getting closer. Just friends, nothing more."

He turned to the German.

"Germany. Your father was a supreme military power, a ruler of nations. You lived a pampered life with your twin sister. Then she was taken by your father's greatest adversary. Your father committed suicide, leaving you to finish school and settle debts yourself. You were once in a relationship with France, who left you for Britain. You have many friends, but you worry they will all turn against you. You are only living with Poland because you think he needs help and is not capable of living on his own."

I felt my eyes being to water. "What?"
The German country stared back at me, hurt reflected in his eyes. "You lived with me only because I found you? You're just going to mooch off me like some kind of leech?"
I shook my head rapidly. The fear of loosing him too overpowered my weak physical state. "No! That not of true!"

"Oh yes," Czech continued, making us both go silent. "Poland has a little secret I forgot to mention."

My mind flashed with worry and panic. No, no, no. Anything but this.
I wanted to forget it. I had pushed it to the back of my mind. I told myself I wasn't like that anymore, that it had never happened.
But here it was, as real as ever. Now he would definitely leave me, and I would never be able to get him back.

"You see, a few weeks back, Poland was at my house. It was just a party, lots of countries were there. We were just chatting, like friends. We were laughing and having a good time.
Until he kissed me."

Germany's eyes widened in horror and disbelief.

"He told me he loved me more than anything in the world. That I was his ray of sunshine."
Czech stepped into the light. "He's in love with me, Germany. You're simply a...past time."

The German looked back at me. "Is it true?"
When I didn't respond, his face contorted into a painful expression. "How could you?" He said with a shaky voice. Tears welled up in his eyes.
"I thought...I thought you loved me."

"But I of do!" I said quickly. Germany shook his head. "No you don't. Czech said it himself. You were just using me."

"For what?" I said, exasperated. Germany narrowed his eyes in anger, but tears flowed freely down his tri-colored face.

"Exactly! You're denying it! You want me to keep succumbing to your lies! You use me for your own self-pleasure and expect me to just go with it? Not anymore."

I stuttered, at a loss for words. "Don't leave of me, please." I whispered.

"No, Poland. You've pushed everyone away, and that now your secret is out, you've pushed me away, too. This is your own fault. You were the one who distracted me from Austria. It's your fault she's hurt."

"I didn't of know!" I yelled desperately, straining against the ropes.

"Yeah, right. Just like you didn't know about using me."

Brushing his tears away, he stood up, the now cut rope falling behind his chair, and coaxed Austria into his arms. I thrashed around in my chair, the fear of abandonment taking over my senses.

"DON'T GO!" I screamed, the tears becoming a waterfall of pain onto my shirt.

"Goodbye, Poland." Germany said, disappearing into the darkness.

I tried to stand up, to run after him. To explain everything.
The chair rocked forward, making me fall onto my side.

Everything faded into black.

Everyone one was gone.
Everyone.
_______________________

[insert explanation of why I have nothing here because this part was too emotional]