Chapter 15

Poland's P.O.V.

This was the first time I remember my dream.

When I drift out of consciousness, it feels like I'm floating. Hovering through an empty void of pitch black. Unnerving, but peaceful, in a way.

A small light shines from what I assume is above me. I twist my body to look at it. It's golden, with a light yellow shimmer at the edges. Almost like a firework, but it was frozen in time. I hold my hand above my forehead to shield my eyes from the harsh light.

Something pulls me toward it, but I don't push back. I want to go towards the light and the warmth. I want to be...comforted.

I'm close now, so close the shine consumes my vision. The pull that was tugging me towards the light abruptly stops. That's when I notice it.

It's not a light. It's a figure. The light fades behind them to reveal an all-too-familiar flag.

Germany.

He hugs me, and I hug back tightly, clutching the fabric on his back. It's gotta be the nicest hug I've ever experienced. The warmth spreads, from my fingertips to my toes.

We both hover for a moment. Frozen in time, like the light.

Then, Germany disappears suddenly into a wisp of smoke. I lurch forward, my arms swinging to my sides as he's pulled away. The warmth has left. The feeling that remains is cold and empty. So, so cold.

Suddenly I'm falling. No sound escapes my mouth. Faster and faster I plummet, wondering when I'll hit the ground...

My eyes fly open. I'm in my bed. No bright, golden light. No darkness. No Germany.

I sit up quickly, whipping my head to the side. "Lithuania, I had the craziest-"

An empty bed meets my vision. That's when I remember. He doesn't need me anymore.

Warm sunlight fills the room, bouncing off my bed and some of the walls. Birds sing a melody, intertwined with one another's like woven threads. It's a beautiful autumn day. But it doesn't matter. I don't think I could enjoy something so inadequate for my situation.

No one understands. No one. Lithuania and Slovakia are perfect for each other. They don't have time for my problems. Everyone else doesn't know me. How would I talk to them anyway? My English is about as good as my brother's flirting skills. And that's saying something.

I'm so lost in my own thoughts that Lithuania spooks me when he opens the door. "Good morning! How did you sleep?" I give him a level stare and a shrug, although inside I just feel like dying.

"Fine," I mutter.

"(You don't look so good, are you sure you're okay?)" Genuine concern flashes in his eyes. But there's no way I can rely on him now. Not anymore. I probably should've never done it in the first place. He's my little brother, and he has an entire life ahead of him. What makes me think I can go and bother him with all my problems?

"(I'm fine. I don't need anyone else.)" I say.

As soon as the words leave my lips I regret them. They came out harsher than I meant. The hurt in my little brother's eyes lets me know I've crossed a line.

"(Okay. I guess I'll just...leave.)" He exits, shutting the door behind him.

Now I'm really alone. I've pushed them all away. There's no one else.

I pull my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them. I want to cry, but I can't. Tear won't do anything now.

"Niemcy..." I manage to whimper. Of course, no one comes into the room. That would be ridiculous. Although, I do wish he would.

Empty. Cold. Alone. Words cycle through my head at an impossible speed, flashing behind my closed eyelids. Over and over, bright and accusing.

But worst of all, they were true.

________________________________

eeeeeeee im sorryyy

I'm not good at angst because I'm always trying to write "differently" so this whole chapter was just a bit out of it

I promise fluff will come soon I just have to set up what's inside they're heads and personalities and all that junk so im very sorry ;-;

although results for the contest should be coming out soon hehe

have a happie day/night if you still care hhhHHH