Chapter 24

Germany's P.O.V.

I sink to my knees. Austria's...gone.
No. No, this can't be.

I calm myself. It's probably nothing. Maybe she went to hang out with another friend, or take a walk, or visit her dad.

Then I fly back into panic mode. She left her favorite bow here. No way would she have done that if it was just a casual trip out of the house.

I pick it up, tracing the soft fabric with my fingers. Poland puts a hand on my shoulder, and I have a brief flashback to years ago, during school.

It's the same now as it was then. He'll be here for me.

I stand up, facing the Polish country. "I think Austria's missing."
His face morphs in sadness. "Oh noes," He says.

I nod grimly. "It looks like we're gonna have to find her."

"Like hide and seek?"

"Yeah, sort of."
___________________________
We're sitting at the dining room table, Poland sitting next to me. I notice he likes to touch the carvings on my table.
"Okay, here's her relationships with other countries." I put on my reading glasses, pointing to the different friends and family.
"Her dad is the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and her Grandfather is the Hapsburg monarchy. She has no siblings and Czech is her boyfriend."
Poland looks up at the mention of Czech's name. "Am...how to say?"

I blink, pushing my glasses up so they rested on top of my head. "Hm?"

"F...fr..." He stumbles over the word.

"Friends?" I tilt my head slightly to one side.
"Yes! Am friend of Czech."

I nod. "Maybe you can go to his house and ask if Austria is there?"

Poland started to look a little nervous, looking back down at a the table.
"Ngh...okay."

I stand up, putting my glasses down and searching for a map of the town in a nearby shelf. "I'll start at her dad, then her grandfather, then..."
I pulled out the map. "Maybe her friend Hungary too..."

Poland has gone more quiet than usual, which I didn't think was possible. I turn around, unfolding the map slowly as I watch him stare at the floor.
"You okay, Polen?"

"Yes. It's is just Czech. Sometime he...angry."

I widen my eyes, dropping the map. "What?"

"Angry," Poland repeated himself, cocking his head sideways.

"Oh no," I started pacing back and forth. "Austria said he was short-tempered, but I didn't think..."
"...she would never have told me, she's too nice..."

Everything clicked together, new thoughts forming in my head every second. Meanwhile, Poland was probably the most confused he's ever been.

"We need to go to Czech's house, now." I grab Poland, leading him outside. We begin to walk hurriedly down the street.

"Why are scare?" The other country asks, sounding rather nervous himself. I laced my fingers around his, but kept speed -walking.

"Not too long ago, Austria mentioned to me that Czech was lashing out at her, bullying, or generally being verbally abusive. I told her to stay at my place until we could figure it out, and that's when you came."
Poland nodded slowly, having trouble understanding but probably getting the general idea.

I took a quick breath, and continued.
"This morning when Austria disappeared and you mentioned Czech's angry nature, I'm starting to think he might have taken her."

The little Polish country widened his eyes in fear. "Oh no."

With my other hand, I feel the bow in my pocket. The fabric weaves through my fingers like silk.
We're coming, I thought. We'll save you, I promise.

Cliffhanger? Yeah short chapter because this book needs an update
Also thanks for 4K views, wow :0
Have a good day/night ( uwu)/❤️